Oregon growers: any advice?

Same here, I brought all my containers in because I was afraid they were going to flood! Good thing the rain's done. Saw the sun for a good 5-6 minutes too!  :party:

Keeping mine against the side of the house (south side) seems to work pretty gud!  Weather suckin now... Summer doesn't start until July 4th around here, right?

FGpepperguy said:
Keeping mine against the side of the house (south side) seems to work pretty gud!  Weather suckin now... Summer doesn't start until July 4th around here, right?
First year living here, so I guess I'll go with you guys on that one! July 4th, HURRY UP AND GET HERE! :)

xBrianxEdge said:
First year living here, so I guess I'll go with you guys on that one! July 4th, HURRY UP AND GET HERE! :)

June is a weird month...One year it will be just like this and the next year you could have a few to several days in the 90° range.  You just never know.

All in all, I've been liking the weather this year. High 70's on the whole, more sun than clouds... Really can't complain. All of my tomato plants have set fruit. Trust me, spring isn't always like this :)

As for the peppers, mine are just now getting a growth spurt. Its been rainy these last few days, but the nights have been warm and muggy. I think the higher low temps are finally gonna kick plants into gear.

blorvak said:
All in all, I've been liking the weather this year. High 70's on the whole, more sun than clouds... Really can't complain. All of my tomato plants have set fruit. Trust me, spring isn't always like this :)

As for the peppers, mine are just now getting a growth spurt. Its been rainy these last few days, but the nights have been warm and muggy. I think the higher low temps are finally gonna kick plants into gear.
Yeah I remember being able to go outside shirtless and not being cold at all haha. 
I wish it was warm and muggy like this for a day or so. That way the pepper plants can really take off!

This too shell pass.
OK guys seeing how this is kind of an Oregon growers thread what all are we growing.

Jamaican Hot chocolate 2/5
Peach Bhut                      3/5
HP22b (reapers)              1/5
chocolate Bhut                 3/5
Peach Hab                       3/5
7-Pot Joanna                    2/5
Trinidad Scorp M             5/5
Chocolate Hab                4/5
 and 3 of the following
Tabasco                        2/3
cayenne                        2/3

Now I have had 3 plants pop up. That will be mystery plants until they grow pods.

I've got a little of everything growing. Lots of pretty pics in my glog, if you want to see how they're growing. 

C. Chinense:
  • Orange Habanero 
  • Datil
  • Trinidad Cola Bean 
  • Trinidad Gold Bean
  • Mako akokɔsrade
  • Trinidad Scotch Bonnet, Brown 
  • Trinidad Scotch Bonnet, Red

C. Baccatum:
  • Aji Habanero 
  • Aji Limon 

C. Pubescens:
  • Yellow Rocoto

C. Annuum:
  • Goat's Weed
  • Pequin
  • Fish pepper
  • Joe E. Parker Pepper 
  • Tunisian Baklouti Pepper
  • Cracked Jalapeno 

Okay, here goes:

• California Bell Peppers - Not sure how many
  • Banana Peppers - 14
  • Jalapeno's - 3
  • Hungarian Wax Peppers - 2
  • Habanero's - 2
  • Serrano's - 2
  • Bhut Jolokia (Ghost Pepper) - 1
  • Trinidad Butch T Scorpion - 1
  • Unknown from a "mixed bag of seeds" - 6
I have a plant marked as a Jalapeno but the fruit looks more like a black/purple bell pepper so I am not entirely sure what I have for bell's and Jalapeno's.  The "unknown seeds" came from a mixed bag of seeds that I bought when I first started playing around with growing peppers before I got hooked.  The mixed peppers are doing pretty good considering the weather we've had around here the last week or so.  I will put up some pic's next week when there is good light to take pic's with.

So, is there a tutorial on how to start a Glog somewhere?  I am starting to think that might be pretty cool to start.

Thanks

I'll throw my list in here too!

• Bhut Jolokia (normal ones...nothing special) - 2
  • Habanero (normal orange and Caribbean red) - 2
  • Pimento - 1 
  • Jalapeno - 1
  • Better Belle - 1
  • Scotch Bonnet - 1
  • Sweet Banana Pepper - 3

Just seeing what I like this year, as I am a first time grower. I'm more of a fan of the spiciness, and my wife likes the bell/pimento type. Also growing a plethora of tomatoes as well, but seeing as this is the hot pepper part of the forums, I won't list those ;)

Anyone interested in me starting a Pacific Northwest Glog?  We just need to be committed to keeping it going.  Lots of photos, exchange...

Roguejim said:
Anyone interested in me starting a Pacific Northwest Glog?  We just need to be committed to keeping it going.  Lots of photos, exchange...

What does it take to do that?

LowDrag said:

What does it take to do that?
To start a Glog?  I'm not sure what you are asking.  I will just go to the Glog subforum, and start a new Glog under the title, Pacific Northwest Glog.  Anyone from this region will post photos, discuss growing conditions...Pretty simple, really.  I'll wait for more positive replies before I do it, though.

I'll chime in

1 - Carolina Reaper
1 - Bhut Jolokia Chocolate
2 - Yellow 7 Pot Brain Strain
4 - Trinidad Scorpion
1 - Trinadad Maruga Scorpion
1 - Dragon Cayenne
1 - Yellow Cayenne
1 - Habanero
2 - Cayenne
1 - Red 7 Pot Brain Strain

Roguejim said:
To start a Glog?  I'm not sure what you are asking.  I will just go to the Glog subforum, and start a new Glog under the title, Pacific Northwest Glog.  Anyone from this region will post photos, discuss growing conditions...Pretty simple, really.  I'll wait for more positive replies before I do it, though.

Super down for this :) Start it up!!!

Back