• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Ornamental peppers 2007

I saw a pic of a "black pearl" plant & I'll admit it was a very nice looking plant. back to the heat level of ornamental plants, I've seen where they said they were no heat/child proof - I guess thats not true for all ornamentals. but then why do they throw the word "ornamental" onto the plant since theres alot of regular chile plants that look just as cool IMO

I usually consider ornamentals ones that I grow for looks rather than for culinanary pleasures, although there are exceptions.

chilehunter said:
cap'n - sounds like your plan is working ;) :lol: but how are you gonna work in the Naga christmas tree ? :) (if you put one up ?)

pam - sounds like you've did some searches for peter(s) pepper

Well this isn't quite the Naga Christmas tree, but it is a bit different than yer normal decorated tree. This pic was on the Cape Fear Pepper Company Christmas card this year. It looked much better on the card.

cfChristmas.JPG

We had our spring Flower Festival in Columbia this weekend, and there's a great heirloom tomato grower who has had a booth the last two years. He has a few peppers, too, and one of them this year was called Romanian Rainbow that he was selling as an ornamental. I'd not heard of that one before, and I almost bought it, but I'm short on space already, and it's a sweet pepper.

Anybody ever grow the Country girl pepper? Its supposed to be a female version of the Peter pepper but seeds seem very difficult to locate.

Here's a Black Namaquland or as I call it my "Black man aquaman"

POTAWIE said:
Anybody ever grow the Country girl pepper? Its supposed to be a female version of the Peter pepper but seeds seem very difficult to locate.

Here's a Black Namaquland or as I call it my "Black man aquaman"

Wow! Man thats a dark pepper! Is the purple/black (sorry I'm color blind) on the leaves normal for that type of plant?

Ya, there is a purple tint to the leaves. The flowers are a beautiful purple too. I still have to see how they taste.

POTAWIE said:
Ya, there is a purple tint to the leaves. The flowers are a beautiful purple too. I still have to see how they taste.

The flowers look huge, too.

Do you know what species it is?

Here's the Black Namaquland again now with some ripening pods. They are hot like a really hot jalapeno or Fresno with juicy flesh and fruity taste

Back