• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Out With The Old . . . In With The New

Out With The Old:  Here is the finished bag (202 grams) of smoked, de-seeded red and chocolate congos that I did a few weeks ago.  They were done with an approximate 50/50 mix of cherry and apple.  Now ready for the grinder.

P1040353.JPG

In With The New:  Smoked 2 trays of red bhuts (de-seeded) and 2 trays of chocolate bhuts (de-seeded) over the weekend.  Used 100% cherry for this smoke.  Approximately 5 hours.  I have dueling dehydrators going - 737 grams of the chocolates and 947 grams of the reds (the reds have a few bih jolokias thrown in for good measure.

The smoke:
smoking bhuts1.jpg

Chocolates in the dehydrator:
P1040347.JPG

And the reds:
P1040346.JPG

Thanks for looking.

I know that smells good! I smoked a few peppers last weekend.
What are you using for the trays in the smoker? I use the throw away lasagna trays. The ones you have look a lot shallower.
Nice work as usual!

HopsNBarley said:
I know that smells good! I smoked a few peppers last weekend.
What are you using for the trays in the smoker? I use the throw away lasagna trays. The ones you have look a lot shallower.
Nice work as usual!
They're disposable trays that I get at Menards.  2 bucks for 2 trays.  Holes are already in the bottom.

Nice... I've not seen them before. I punch the holes in my self in the trays I've been using.
No Menards here but if they have them I'm sure others will carry as well.

Back