• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Overnight Yellowing..

Tonight when I went to repot my hab into a bigger container, one of the leaves on it has pretty much turned a greenish yellow within a few hours. Then again there is the possibility I just didn't notice until tonight haha. Any ideas what caused it? The new container is a 10 inch plastic square and bought some new fox farm ocean soil today that was used. The only fertilizer I have is the Shutlz 10-15-10 liquid.. it says use every time I water and I only water every 3-4 days, is that ok? Also two nights ago I sprayed the plant with an epsom salt and water mixture.

Possible that it has been under florescents to long and it needs some actual sun? I live in an apartment without a balcony so I will have to set it up into a window sill...

Thanks for taking a look!!! LONG LIVE THE PEPPERS! :P

IPhone is horrible on indoor pictures, so here is a comparison to a healthy leaf...

IMG_0512.jpg

and one by itself...

IMG_0511.jpg

Alright Torno take your foot off the accelerator! No more water until you see the leaves weep and no more fertilizer for a month.

like mwm said, lower leaves eventually yellow and fall off so that is no big deal...

as far as the fertilize...before transplanting into 5 gallon containers, my plants get feed everytime they get water (usually every 3-4 days)...of course, this is MO from my experience...the dosage of fertilize is low to begin with and increases each stage of their life until maximum dosage is reached...

Thank you everyone for the info... I need to get this plant into a 5 gallon soon, but literally have no place outside to put it. Would it do ok sitting by a West facing window through out the day? The window itself get direct sunlight from 230-700pm or so.

-J

Any sunlight will be better than none. And yes, a west facing window will work. South is better IMO. You might also want to supplement with some artificial light (flouro) during the day also. The yellowing could also be pot size too small (rootbound). Pot up soon! Just my 2 cents!

Yeah, IME a window filters out a lot of good light even if it is south facing. I would supplement if you can't put it outside otherwise it won't be all that happy.

Back