• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Oysters

Broiled, in this case.  (It's July, and these are from the Gulf of Mexico.  Plus, broiled--or maybe better, wood-grilled--can be most excellent.)
v3eys0.jpg

2itjxvc.jpg

Cayenne, sweet orange and yellow peppers, butter, olive oil, bread crumbs, black pepper, Asiago, Parmesan, and Romano cheeses, Japanese plum vinegar, lime juice, cilantro, and Thai and purple basils.  Sea-sweet, savory, and with just a bit of a thrust-kick of heat to the back of the mouth (throat).

I've been shucking oyster since I was a kid. I hardly ever mangle any but, I've never been really fast at it. However, I can shuck them juuussstt fast enough to FEED ME!

Your oysters look delicious. I don't think there is a bad way of preparing oysters. I mean most oysters around here are eaten raw! How much "preparing" is necessary for a food that is delicious uncooked?

You chose one of my favorite methods of cooking oysters though. Grilling them to just past warm on the pit is fabulous!

Those are great looking oysters! I used to shuck them for a living in the Outer Banks while bartending at Awful Arthur's. It took me a few years before I could eat them again but now back to destroying them by the dozen. We used to call the Gulf oysters cow tongues, they were that large. If you get a chance if you have not already, try some from the Eastern Shore.

DEFCON Creator said:
Mmmmm, oysters. Next time try 'em straight up with one of our Habanero Horseradishes!
Done and Done and goes very well with Little Necks tool - Its that ef'ing good :drooling: :cheers:

Back