• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Oz Summer Storms

Can you guys send more of your stuff our way? We are supposedly in for 90km/h winds and maybe upto 100mm of rains over our catchments, but we need more.

Our news media would like to think that we get tornadoes.

Quite common (duh) are willie willies/dust devils/insert other name which are the ground visible part of air current thermals. these *occasionally* remove the roof off a house or other single structure. But, it makes the news as a mini-tornado!

We were lucky here over the last week, no damage, just a bit of water and one fried powered usb hub. Others that I know that live in affected areas have complained about the rubber neckers coming by for a look at the streets full of damage, and also of 'salvage' operators trawling the streets for lengths of timber and other assorted "goodies". Gotta love human nature! ( not the band -- although, in the spirit of sarcasm...)

RS

giggling here...I went to the link about tornados and is said 160 in Victoria since 1918...like you said, hey are not on the scale we get them here in the states...we have had over 1400 from Jan thru August 2008...another interesting bit was the three year average death toll for tornados in the states is 21...

When I moved to Texas, I wanted to move somewhere that didn't have bad earthquakes or hurricanes....so I moved to the south end of "Tornado Alley" ;) ...there have been a lot hit the Fort Worth area in the last 20 years...I look at it like this now...if it is my time to go, nothing I can do will stop it...

AlabamaJack said:
giggling here...I went to the link about tornados and is said 160 in Victoria since 1918...like you said, hey are not on the scale we get them here in the states...we have had over 1400 from Jan thru August 2008...another interesting bit was the three year average death toll for tornados in the states is 21...

When I moved to Texas, I wanted to move somewhere that didn't have bad earthquakes or hurricanes....so I moved to the south end of "Tornado Alley" ;) ...there have been a lot hit the Fort Worth area in the last 20 years...I look at it like this now...if it is my time to go, nothing I can do will stop it...

Well, I don't know AJ you are pretty enginuitive. Your could probably build yourself a sweet bunker with a giant grow room. Hahha

Sorry to hijack but i didn't think this warrented a new thread, so.
Here is a pic of my Medusa after i came home today, it was probly around 30 degrees celcius in the hottest part of the day, and this was only repotted yesterday.
Funny thing is it looked like this yesterday afternoon too but then recovered overnight, and yes i know i shouldn't repot during the day :)

Oh yeah the one next to it is an Aji Lemon.
Chilliplants016.jpg

Think it will pull through?

lol - looks like mine on a good day :lol:

I'd put a little water at their roots (not over the leaves) at dusk tonight. Unless you're going to get rain.

You know the storm is going to be a good one when the radar image site goes down.....

I am roughly halfway between Narangba and Boondall - looks like lotsa rain for my place in the next hour or so.

dreamboat

bentalphanerd said:
thunder, lightning, rain, no real wind or hail *whew*

I just checked the rain gauge we have had 22mm of rain. It's eased off now and I'm definitely with you *whew* on the wind and hail.

Back