• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Ozzy's 2016 Grow

So here we go again on another glorious year to plan, plant, and pillage.  I'm going to start with my grow list which will get updated as I acquire more seeds.  If you're interested in trading or just want something I have and want to send a SASBE feel free to PM me.  I'll also put a list of seeds I'm looking for at the bottom.  Thanks for stopping by and good luck to everyone on their grow this season.

Annums:
Early Jalapeno
Biker Billy Jalapeno (Buckeye)
Purple Jalapeno
Poblano
Aleppo  (Judy)
Golden Cayanne  (Chocscotchbonnet)
Goats Weed  (Buckeye)
Cumra Cherry  (Judy)
Sweet Cherry
Mini Bells
Orange Thai (Romy)
Dragon Thai
Wild Grove Pequin (FLBorn)

Baccattums:
Aji Panca  (Judy)
Aji Mango  (Judy)
Aji Pineapple
Aji Brazilian Starfish  (Buckeye)

Chinese:
SB7J (spaceship and grass hut pheno) (Buckeye)
SB7J yellow  (Romy)
7 pot yellow  (Buckeye)
7 pot yellow brainstrain  (OCDChuck)
7 pot red brainstrain   (OCDChuck)
7 pot choc brainstrain (Lovespeppers)
7 pot white   (Buckeye)
7 pot burgandy  
7 pot BG   (Buckeye)
7 pot BG choc  (Romy)
7 pot primo (JCW10) 
Jay's Peach Ghost/Scorp (JCW10)
Nagabrain yellow (Romy)
Bhutlah (Romy)
Yellow Devil Tongue (Chocscotchbonnet)
MOA (Judy)
MOA red (JCW10)
P. Dreadie Scotch Bonnet (Trident)
Freeport Orange Scotch Bonnet (Trident)
Stuffing Scotch Bonnet (Judy)
Chocolate Scotch Bonnet (Judy)
Carolina Reaper
Red Bhut
Yellow Bhut
Chocolate Bhut
White Bhut
Peach Bhut SS (Judy)
Caramel Bhut (Texas Hot Peppers)
Bhut Orange Copehagen (FLBorn, D3)
Chocolate Scorpian (Buckeye)
Ice Scream Scorpian BT (Buckeye)
Yellow Butch T (D3)
Fidalga Roxa (D3)
CPR (Butch T seeds)
BTR (Butch T seeds)
Caramel Moruga Scorpian (Judy)
Red Moruga Scorpian
Peach Fatallii  (OCDChuck)
Yellow Fatallii  (Helvete)
White Bullet Hab
Carribean Hab
Black Congo (OCDChuck)
Yellow Datil
Naga Morich
Peach Naga (Texas Hot Peppers)
Pimenta de Neyde (Judy)
Mystery Wine (JHP)
Mystery Citrus (GM if and when he sends them to me ;) )

Pubes:
Manzano (not sure if yellow or orange, they were mixed up)

Crosses:
Tepin x Lemon drop F2 (OCD chuck)
Aji Pineapple x Butch T Yellow (D3)
Paper Lantern Hab x Butch T yellow (D3)

(Note: This list is forever changing lol, like most)

Trades:
I'm still interested in getting more Thai varieties or colors.  If there is something else not on my list though I may be interested in it as well.

Over winters are still doing well.  Lots of new growth.

Plants are huge right now. There are tons of pods right now. I probably didn't even pick half of them and I probably have close to 5lbs picked.

I'll get some better pics and some pics of the pods when I go to process them. Definitely not going to run out of flakes this off season.

tctenten said:
Plants look great.   How much longer is your season?
We'll probably get a frost in the next couple of weeks. I'm going pull a lot of them this weekend and trim branches down on other plants so they'll focus to ripening.

It's supposed to get to 86 or so Monday, then back down to high of 60 by Friday lol. St. Louis weather is always off its meds.

Dang Scott!

Your in the land of giants. I hope the weather holds for you. When I combat frost. I usually throw some sheets over the plants. I have some that are second hand from the thrift store just for this purpose.

Great looking garden. Congrats on the pods.

OCD Chilehead said:
Dang Scott!

Your in the land of giants. I hope the weather holds for you. When I combat frost. I usually throw some sheets over the plants. I have some that are second hand from the thrift store just for this purpose.

Great looking garden. Congrats on the pods.
I'm not gonna fight the frost. When it comes, it comes, and I'm done for the season. I am going to pull a few plants though.
Trident chilli said:
Wow Scott that's an impressive chilli plot .... let's hope the weather holds for a few more weeks for you .... do you have a green pod recipe
Thanks! I do not have any plans for green pods. I figured I'd cut the branches and hang them up to ripen. You have any recommendations?

All the Aji and Aji X's picked. I halved and deseeded all of them and then smoked them with apple and cherry. 4 trays in the dehydrater for more flakes. :)

I am house setting for my mom we had a heavy frost while I've been here.
So I don't know if anything will be coming in this season.
There going to be another one Saturday so got to take a trip an access the damage .
Your plants are looking nice & healthy best of luck to no aphids those buggers are a real pain in the butt .

Plantguy76 said:
I am house setting for my mom we had a heavy frost while I've been here.
So I don't know if anything will be coming in this season.
There going to be another one Saturday so got to take a trip an access the damage .
Your plants are looking nice & healthy best of luck to no aphids those buggers are a real pain in the butt .
I washed the soil out of the dirt so I shouldn't have any problems.

Back