• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Ozzy's 2016 Grow

So here we go again on another glorious year to plan, plant, and pillage.  I'm going to start with my grow list which will get updated as I acquire more seeds.  If you're interested in trading or just want something I have and want to send a SASBE feel free to PM me.  I'll also put a list of seeds I'm looking for at the bottom.  Thanks for stopping by and good luck to everyone on their grow this season.

Annums:
Early Jalapeno
Biker Billy Jalapeno (Buckeye)
Purple Jalapeno
Poblano
Aleppo  (Judy)
Golden Cayanne  (Chocscotchbonnet)
Goats Weed  (Buckeye)
Cumra Cherry  (Judy)
Sweet Cherry
Mini Bells
Orange Thai (Romy)
Dragon Thai
Wild Grove Pequin (FLBorn)

Baccattums:
Aji Panca  (Judy)
Aji Mango  (Judy)
Aji Pineapple
Aji Brazilian Starfish  (Buckeye)

Chinese:
SB7J (spaceship and grass hut pheno) (Buckeye)
SB7J yellow  (Romy)
7 pot yellow  (Buckeye)
7 pot yellow brainstrain  (OCDChuck)
7 pot red brainstrain   (OCDChuck)
7 pot choc brainstrain (Lovespeppers)
7 pot white   (Buckeye)
7 pot burgandy  
7 pot BG   (Buckeye)
7 pot BG choc  (Romy)
7 pot primo (JCW10) 
Jay's Peach Ghost/Scorp (JCW10)
Nagabrain yellow (Romy)
Bhutlah (Romy)
Yellow Devil Tongue (Chocscotchbonnet)
MOA (Judy)
MOA red (JCW10)
P. Dreadie Scotch Bonnet (Trident)
Freeport Orange Scotch Bonnet (Trident)
Stuffing Scotch Bonnet (Judy)
Chocolate Scotch Bonnet (Judy)
Carolina Reaper
Red Bhut
Yellow Bhut
Chocolate Bhut
White Bhut
Peach Bhut SS (Judy)
Caramel Bhut (Texas Hot Peppers)
Bhut Orange Copehagen (FLBorn, D3)
Chocolate Scorpian (Buckeye)
Ice Scream Scorpian BT (Buckeye)
Yellow Butch T (D3)
Fidalga Roxa (D3)
CPR (Butch T seeds)
BTR (Butch T seeds)
Caramel Moruga Scorpian (Judy)
Red Moruga Scorpian
Peach Fatallii  (OCDChuck)
Yellow Fatallii  (Helvete)
White Bullet Hab
Carribean Hab
Black Congo (OCDChuck)
Yellow Datil
Naga Morich
Peach Naga (Texas Hot Peppers)
Pimenta de Neyde (Judy)
Mystery Wine (JHP)
Mystery Citrus (GM if and when he sends them to me ;) )

Pubes:
Manzano (not sure if yellow or orange, they were mixed up)

Crosses:
Tepin x Lemon drop F2 (OCD chuck)
Aji Pineapple x Butch T Yellow (D3)
Paper Lantern Hab x Butch T yellow (D3)

(Note: This list is forever changing lol, like most)

Trades:
I'm still interested in getting more Thai varieties or colors.  If there is something else not on my list though I may be interested in it as well.

Over winters are still doing well.  Lots of new growth.

PaulG said:
Sorry I made it late to your party, Scott, but everything
looks really good. A nice, organized and clean grow
produces great results!
Thanks Paul. It started out clean. Weeds have still taken over. I plan to pull them this weekend though now that the temperatures are supposed to be in the 80's. I need to get some updates pics. I also need to plant some more plants in the bags I have left.

Everything that is planted is growing very well. Great foilage. A couple of the plants got stripped by rabbits, but they all have new shoots forming so they should be okay. I need to look at my label chart and see which varities were effected. I still have back up plants if needed :)

So my weed barrier is a joke.

Started to pull them.

The plants actually look great. Nice thick stems and big leaves. Some of the new growth is wrinkled up due to all the dry hot weather we've had. Overall though I'm really happy with them. Flowers are starting to pop so pods are definitely incoming.

After pulling all those damn weeds I'm definitely going to get some dishsoap solution ready to spray on any new ones. I hate pulling weeds.

Devv said:
+1 on 88!

Old newspaper works great. Roll up a bunch and put it in a 5 gallon pail, fill it with water. Once saturated apply a 10-15 sheets thick layer. Cover lightly with some bark mulch. When the garden is done just turn or till it in. Everything will break down during the down season.

BTW, plants are looking great!
I'd have to save papers for a year to put that much down lol. Problem is I always burn them in fires over winter to get the fires going.

I put down fresh plastic every year for weeds and to keep moisture in and warm the ground in the spring.  But I also have a sticky clay mess so don't till, just dig small holes filled with mix, so probably works because of that.  If I tilled and had the soil all loose walking on that plastic would be a mess.   Everything is looking nice though and those pods you got already look great.

Plants are looking good. I've found only one fabric that actually works. It's the road fabric they lay down for roads. Down side it comes in big rolls. I think they may make smaller rolls, I've never seen it. I laid the stuff down before adding decorative rock, in my privacy area of my yard. Nothing comes up. Planning on buying a roll to finish the yard and cover garden next year.

The other option would be the plastic mulch.

Nice pods.  Those yellow bhuts look very good, much better than the ones I had last year.  I have had similar weather, a lot of my plants haven't blossomed yet.  Last week was a little cooler and some of them exploded with 100s of buds and some massive pod set, but others still lagging.  Now looks like high 90s for end of week so hoping they don't drop.  Good luck, we are definitly having some challenging weather this summer.

Back