shipping Packaging/marketing opinions needed

salsalady

Business Member
We've decided to put out a hotter Pure Evil product.  It will be in a dropper bottle in a tin like the original Pure Evil.  I like the tin concept and it works well for shipping.

Here's the current/original Pure Evil.

TC pureevil.JPG

Pure Evil dropper.jpg

The new Pure Evil label will have the SHU on it.

Should I keep using the same square tins as the original Pure Evil, with the updated label and a little different red tape seal...
-or-
Use a different tin like the smaller one of these?

tea tins.jpg

It would be nice not to have to get and keep another item in inventory. The original Pure Evil is already identified with the square tin. 

What do you think?  Same square tin or different one?

Thanks~

Skinny round looks more evil. Shape of bullets, bombs, torpedoes, rockets, vials of volatile shizz... yeah.

New product calls for a new look. You have folks that collect things as we've seen on here and for some it would be a :welcome: addition. I'm not sure who you go through for your tins (or what size) but it looks like roughly a .25-.45 cent increase per container depending on your quantity purchased........or you can get one of these and let Mr. & Mrs. Consumer pay the diff ;)

Skinny, no clasp is way better. That looks like a garbage can. Not quite the image you want to put forward.  :lol:

The Hot Pepper said:
Skinny, no clasp is way better. That looks like a garbage can. Not quite the image you want to put forward.  :lol:

I agree to the no clasp, not to mention about another $1 per container cost. ... but Hey, the "garbage pail kids" were a big hit ...hahaha. Just stirring the imagination a bit. :party:
  I do think a standard cylinder is the ticket though.

OhioHeat

I gotta agree with the crowd here - while I dig the square tin & I totally get the.business side of not wanting another inventory item (you KNOW I feel you on this) the cylinder/no-clasp is such a great looking package. You might save a little material on the foam insert too - an it's a really clean look.

Upside:
New heat
New look
Differentiates your products on the shelf from each other
Could be cheaper to ship (smaller DIM weight)

Downside
Less surface area/visibility of label
1 more inventory item to stock for cylinders
1 more inventory item to stock for foam inserts (maybe)

Upside outweighs downside!
:woohoo:
Just for label visibility you might consider using the larger of the cylinders? Adds a tick of cost, but worth it IMO.

Thanks for the comments so far.  Seems like the cylinder gets the vote. 

Tins seem to have a very limited selection of sizes and shapes.  This cylinder is taller than needed.  I'd like one that's a little shorter and a little wider, but haven't been able to find one yet.

I'll be using a smaller dropper than the one for the original Pure Evil and it'll be in another... (cool, but don't want to give away all the details ;) )... container which then would be in the tin.  Theory being that the dropper bottle would be in the other container and wouldn't take up much room in the cupboard, but would still give the dropper some protection.  Both the dropper and other container would ship in the tin.  Customers could keep the tin or whatever. 

Minimum size for the tin is looking like 1.75"dia x 3" h.  A little larger than that is OK, allows for bubble wrap, etc. 

LDHS, got a link for the metal pill bottles?

AH!  Those pill bottles, hadn't thought of that!  It's worth exploring.  Thanks-

And I'll save the links for in a couple months when I'm needing 125,000 units a month!  :rolleyes:   :lol: 

Hahaha :rofl: I thought you'd like that. lol

Yeah, and I was thinking you'd get a better fit from the largest pill container rather than the smallest cylinder. And like I said - those places can custom make any specs/dimensions you need so it'd fit like a glove. All 125k/month.
:D

:lol:

I'm hesitant to use the larger cylinder just for shelf space because when the customer opens it up, they'll pull out a smaller container and then the really small dropper.  It would be great to find a tin that's just big enough for the middle container.  But the choices are limited and the one I posted above is the closest option.  

That is COOL, Boss!  BLACK tins!  THANKS!  Just have to register to see the prices.  That's kind of a pain, but there are several bottle sites like that also. 

just registered and the price is actually less than the square tins!

Back