• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Paco's Growlog

Sweet thanks guys I will let you know how it works. Very helpful forum glad to be here! Thanks again!

3 feet is good. I wouldn't go less if you need to walk between them. I space mine 30 inches in a raised bed and it gets pretty full, but I can reach everything from the outside.

Yep if yer gonna plant them in a few rows instead of a straight line, yer gonna need to walk through there and 3 feet should be plenty good between rows.

My first year too from seed and this is a hoot. Couldn't ask for more helpful folks around here. Good luck with your grow Paco

Update today is day 13 and of the 40 cups I have

1 sprout from 12 cups Ghost peppers (Bhut Jolokai)
1 sprout from 4 cups of red habs (Scot Bonnet)
1 sprout from 4 cups of Serranos
3 sprouts from 4 cups of Cayenne Red
2 sprouts from 4 cups of Thai Peppers
0 sprouts from 4 cups Chocolate Habs (Jamiacan)
0 sprouts from 4 cups White Habs (Peruvian)
0 sprouts from 4 cups Tepin (Birds Eye)....The Tepins were in the freezer from last year and took them out and dried them but I dont think I will get any from these.

Also four Jalapeno plants my wifee seeded gave up on last november threw them in the shed and when I went to get soil out of shed I found a pot with sprouts never watered or anything. Hilarious!!
I bought this ghost pepper plants in a can online and wow 3 sprouts came up....crazy have them under lighting now.
My only cheat is 4 plants from Lowes Orange Habs but not in yet.

Waitng on package from my sister in California. Seeds from a hybrid plant she had last year, a cross between a Serrano and a Orange Hab. Should be interesting, at least for me it is. LOL you guys probably have crossed every known strain.

Ok I need to put down the Coffee talking too much.....LOL

Red Cayenne
IMG_0477.jpg

Red Habanero (Scot Bonnet)
IMG_0476.jpg

First Baby Ghost Pepper from Tray
IMG_0470.jpg

To get an accurate germination percentage I will have to put this on a spreadsheet. Opinions welcome on the spreadsheet anytime. Constructive criticism is always welcome. Will post this spreadsheet when I figure out how.LOL

Update today is day 20 and of the 96 Seeds Planted I have

2 sprout from 12 Seeds Ghost peppers (Bhut Jolokai)
4 sprout from 12 Seeds of red habs (Scot Bonnet)
5 sprout from 12 Seeds of Serranos
10 sprouts from 12 Seeds of Cayenne Red
7 sprouts from 12 Seeds of Thai Peppers
0 sprouts from 12 Seeds Chocolate Habs (Jamiacan)
2 sprouts from 12 Seeds of White Habs (Peruvian)
0 sprouts from 12 Seeds Tepin (Birds Eye)....

30 of 96 Seeds have germinated == 31% in 20 Days

Whats the average germination time on Super Hots?? How long do you wait for germination, before you plant another set of seeds to germinate?

Well I am not sure the average, but I planted my two slow growers on 2-12-11. I planted 10 Bhut Jolokias and 12 CarRed Habs. As of today I have 4 Bhuts and 11 Habs. They were bought from CPI, I did nothing fancy (no soaking) They were planted in one 72 cell and sit atop a Hydrofarm germ pad hooked up to their thermostat. This is my first year so it may be beginners luck!

I am not at all an expert but I say start some new seeds.
I wish you the best.

Do you have drain holes in your cups? The reason I'm asking is from all your pics your soil looks like it is on the damp side, if they stay wet for too long it can cause you all sorts of problems, yellowing, leaf drop, dampening off, ect. You have a nice start so far.

Do you have drain holes in your cups? The reason I'm asking is from all your pics your soil looks like it is on the damp side, if they stay wet for too long it can cause you all sorts of problems, yellowing, leaf drop, dampening off, ect. You have a nice start so far.

Nice catch no I didnt but I do now. Only found one that actually leaked water after I poked holes in them.

Well I am not sure the average, but I planted my two slow growers on 2-12-11. I planted 10 Bhut Jolokias and 12 CarRed Habs. As of today I have 4 Bhuts and 11 Habs. They were bought from CPI, I did nothing fancy (no soaking) They were planted in one 72 cell and sit atop a Hydrofarm germ pad hooked up to their thermostat. This is my first year so it may be beginners luck!

I am not at all an expert but I say start some new seeds.
I wish you the best.

Ordered some more seeds going to do some fatalis and choc bhuts and scorpions. We'll see, might try the paper towel method to start these new seeds off.

From what I've gathered from the experts around is maybe half an hour couple of time a day. That's what I'm doing.

I have these white little mites on my pepper plants.......will natria kill them without damaging the plants?

Latest update my jalapenos and cayennes cross polinated a few plants. Nice tasting hybrids! I have 2 orange Habaneros producing, should have my first crop in a few weeks. 4 ghost peppers have survived and doing well. lots of buds and looks like maybe in a few months we will have some ghost peppers....woohoo cant wait!!! Thai peppers are doing great as well. 1 white habanero and 2 red habaneros survived and are about to produce as well.

So out of 60+ baby plants we have about 24 chili pepper plants. within a month we will have them producing on a weekly basis. this was a fun project and am hooked on growing peppers! Cant wait to start next years crop but a few months earlier to get a better crop....will post pics soon.

Latest update my jalapenos and cayennes cross polinated a few plants. Nice tasting hybrids!

When plants cross pollinate it doesn't affect the fruit until the following generation, e.g. if you save the seeds and the grow them out the following year. Unless the seeds came from cross pollinated plants they pods should be normal.

Back