• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Pad Thai Peanut hot sauce?

Hey everyone -

I'm curious - outside of the tradiitonal pepper hot sauces we discuss here - has anyone ever made a pad thai hot sauce?

I love peanut based sauces, but I am mostly curious....Is a traditional pad thai sauce considered acidified? Does it have. pH level below 4.0 usually?

Any basic recipes to follow? Thanks so much!

Very good question.
Never digged this topic, but I do believe pad thai sauce requires oil. I won't be making hot sauce with oil for shelf.
But this is giving me ideas for making sauce for just one meal or two.

Forget the oil. Powdered peanut butter is your friend here.

My friend fermented Thai chili’s with pineapple and we added powdered peanut butter and it is a legit sauce.

Add the soy, fish sauce, oil, etc to your dish when cooking.

I actually add this sauce to pbj’s and it is really good.

I assume regular ph level rules would apply to all sauces?

As a chilihead I could care less about spicy products because we can spice our own and it's always better and hotter.

For example. If I see "Spicy Blue Cheese Dressing" it sounds intriguing sure. But I'd rather buy my favorite brand and add some powder. I never fall for the spicy supermarket products because they always disappoint. I like to buy the products I know and like and spice them. So I would not be a consumer of this.

It's TOO EASY to make spicy pad thai already with peppers or powders. The peanut sauce itself off the shelf does not need it.

Back