pass the parcel seed trading

Got this idea from woody who did this in the uk and europe. The idea is simple someone starts with a parcle (most likely me) full of seeds and then it gets passed around to whoever wants to join. They add any spare seeds they have and take what they need from the parcel. Then it gets passed on to the next person on the list, and they do the same . Let me know if any you all are interested in participating and if we get enough people this could be a possiblity. I have loads of seeds I could put in the box.

macmanmatty

Or we could have like a trading post in the marketplace and someone post up the free seeds they have and the person to respond gets the original posters seeds and then lists what they have to send to the next person, and so on! Both good ideas!

JustJane said:
Or we could have like a trading post in the marketplace and someone post up the free seeds they have and the person to respond gets the original posters seeds and then lists what they have to send to the next person, and so on! Both good ideas!

is this a joke? Because I was serious about the parcel idea.

No, I was serious. If I had any seeds right now I would be the first to start a free seed thread. It would go like this.

I am offering Chocolate hab,naga morich,cayenne, and jalapeƱo seeds.

then someone lets say "macmanmatty" wanted those seeds, then you would respond and say something like "I'll take those!! and I offer Red hab,trinidad scorpion, And 7-pod.

Why do you ask if it was a joke? Im confused.

Dont we do that now :scratches head: ???
Post what you want and post what you got if any and stick around the board for awhile --- afterall you are in the Hotpepper/seeds area

True, but this is more of a pot luck idea...and I like it! Sorry Jane.
I would do it! If you want to send it to me first, I have a ton of seeds. I could send some back to you so you don't get left out, then I would send the original box on to whoever is next.

Good idea!

LUCKYDOG said:
Not for me thanks I prefer to know whats up
Lol, to each their own Lucky! I am more of an optimist. I may find that pepper that I did not know I wanted, but that becomes my favorite!

Yes i ment it i have a box currently full and will send to you after christmas. Just let me know your address and All seeds are in labled packets.

So if i were to get the package and was not interested in any of the seeds could I just send it on it's merry way maybe putting more in, or maybe not?

macmanmatty, I sent you a pm did you get it?

Dale

I think is a great idea and I would be interested. Maybe I would find something I don't have. Maybe I could put something in there that some body else doesn't have also.

I will send the box on to the podpiper. Did you want in Lucky Dog? Next should be pcola. This thread should track the "count me in" chronologically to be fair. If it lags, I suggest we go back to the top of the list! After all, it will look much differently after 2 or 3 stops.

Happy holidays all! Remember, post an "I'm in" if you want to be put on the list. pm's would be complicated except for providing an address to mail to.

Seems more like the "Project George" where one reports where they got a specially marked dollar from, then passes it on.

Nothing wrong with it, but I can see people who sign up down the road getting seeds in November. Plus, what if the next person on the list is overseas?

Then again, tis the season when some fat guy can come down through a chimney with a bag full of presents and not get soot marks on the floor.

Merry Christmas,

Mike

wordwiz said:
Nothing wrong with it, but I can see people who sign up down the road getting seeds in November. Plus, what if the next person on the list is overseas?

Sorry but no overseas shipping of the seeds package, (outside of the us), will be faster and less problems with customs.

cheezydemon said:
I will send the box on to the podpiper. Did you want in Lucky Dog? Next should be pcola. This thread should track the "count me in" chronologically to be fair. If it lags, I suggest we go back to the top of the list! After all, it will look much differently after 2 or 3 stops.

Happy holidays all! Remember, post an "I'm in" if you want to be put on the list. pm's would be complicated except for providing an address to mail to.

Yea I'll hop on board
I mean :oops:... IM IN

Back