• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Passow's Harvest 2007 Pics

Well, I finally got off my but and took a picture of one day's harvest.

pepperaugustia2.jpg

(Upper left to right; Red Saviina, Unknown, Big Jim, Scotch Bonnet Burkina Yellow, Chocolate Congo Habanero, Ring of Fire Cayenne, Super Chili, Piqurrano, Piquins) That's a US quarter for size referance.

Pam said:
Are these the world famous Passow's Piquins?

Prolific little buggers.

Indeed they are prolific I am waiting for my Passow Piquins to ripen and I will have hit the jackpot --- Its a race between the Bent Siams and the Passow Piquins :lol:

LUCKYDOG said:
Indeed they are prolific I am waiting for my Passow Piquins to ripen and I will have hit the jackpot --- Its a race between the Bent Siams and the Passow Piquins :lol:
Come on Passow Piquins! Don't let me down baby!!! RIPEN FASTER!

Just bought another bag of fertilzer -- to get them over the hump :lol:
amazing to see how many are ready - little spots of color

Just waiting for the Bent Siams to give some color as well ....
This season has been slow for me

If Madhill is reading this : Have you had a slow grow this year as well?

thats a decent size harvest :lol: congrats.
I have 2 questions
- whats the difference between piquins & tepins ?
- does that choc. congo hab. taste like a jam. hot choc. ? (this ? is if you've tried the jam.hot choc.)

chilehunter said:
thats a decent size harvest :cool: congrats.
I have 2 questions
- whats the difference between piquins & tepins ?
- does that choc. congo hab. taste like a jam. hot choc. ? (this ? is if you've tried the jam.hot choc.)
Piquins are longer and pointed. Tepins are smaller and round. Both pack a wholop of a punch and alot of juice. Tepins have more of a "seed" bland type taste to them, unlike Piquins which have this beautiful, robust flavor.

Chocolate Congo Habaneros taste nothing like chocolate. They are only called that because of their dark brown/slight red color when matured. It does, however, have less of a fruity "signature" taste than most habaneros.

POTAWIE said:
Have you tried the burkina yellow yet? I'm still waiting for mine to ripen
Yes, on two seperate occasions. Not as fruity tasting as most other Habaneros, but REALLY hot!Hotter than most I've had! :(

when I said Jam. hot choc. I meant Jamaican Hot Chocolate chile not a hot choc drink. if you've tried this kind of chile I was wondering if it was somewhat the same as a choc congo hab ? taste & spice.

chilehunter said:
when I said Jam. hot choc. I meant Jamaican Hot Chocolate chile not a hot choc drink. if you've tried this kind of chile I was wondering if it was somewhat the same as a choc congo hab ? taste & spice.
Ah! I haven't had the Jamaican Hot Chocolate before, so I can't compair the too. Sorry.

ABurningMouth said:
Piqurranos...Far out! I've never heard of them.
The unknowns are Fresno.
Piqurranos are the hybrid me and Dave created.

I thought about Fresno before for the unkowns and don't think it's that. Fresno seems to be too large and pointy to be these.

Now, we can all thank Dave for reminding me that we needed to take pictures to post for all you lovely chili-heads out there. Otherwiese these would have been sauce by now. Just harvested Piquins and Scotch Bonnet Burkina Yellow (US quarter for size referance...they are in steel bowls)

piquinqf6.jpg

bonnet1wf2.jpg

Back