• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

PaulG 2015

Okay, time to get the 2015 grow season underway!

Round One seeding 01/01/15, 3 seeds per plug x 2.  Dates are hook dates (as of 2/5/15).

In Jiffy Plugs:
Roatan Pumpkin……………………………...Honduran Market seed, 3rd generation………………1/8 x 1, 1/9 x 2, 1/11 x 1, 1/12 x 2….…100%
Congo Trinidad Yellow……………………...Sanarda, 3rd generation…………….……………………1/8 x 1, 1/9 x 3, 1/12 x 1……………..…84%
Fatali x Red Savina………………………….Spankycolts, 4th generation………..…….…..1/10 x 1, 1/11 x 2, 1/13 x 1, 1/14 x 1,1/20 x 1….100%
Yellow Scorpion……………………………..Spankycolts, 4th generation……………………………..1/10 x 5, 1/11 x 1……………….……..…100%
Scotch Bonnet TFM………………………...Trippa, 3rd generation…………………...……………1/9 x 1, 1/10 x 1, 1/11 x 2, 1/13 x 2…….…100%
Scotch Bonnet, chocolate………………...GaGrowhead, 2nd generation……..1/9 x 1, 1/10 x 1, 1/11 x 1, 1/12 x 1, 1/13 x 1, 1/14 x 1..…100%
Bhut Jolokia, red…………………………….Spankycolts, 3rd generation………...……….1/8 x 1, 1/9 x 2, 1/11 x 1, 1/14 x 1, 1/15 x 1…..…100%
Bhut Jolokia, chocolate…………………….GaGrowhead, 2nd generation…………………………..1/15 x 1,1/18 x 1…………..……………….33%
Mystery Cross……………………………….Trippa, F3………………………………………..1/9 x 3, 1/10 x 2, 1/22 x 1………..……...…………100%
Jamaican Red Habanero………………….Devv, 2nd generation…………….………….....1/9 x 2, 1/10 x 1, 1/12 x 1, 1/13 x 1, 1/14 x 1..…100%
Primo………………………………………...MGold, 2nd génération………………………….1/10 x 1, 1/11 x 2, 1/14 x 1, 1/28 x 1, 2/5 x 1.…100%
Goronong……………………………………Trippa………………………………………………………..1/7 x 2, 1/8 x 3, 1/11 x 1……….……….100%
Bonda Ma Jacques x 7 Pot, yellow……..Windchicken, 2nd generation……………………………..1/7 x 1, 1/8 x 3, 1/9 x 2………………...100%
Naga Brain, yellow………………………..Windchicken, 2nd generation……………………………..1/8 x 2, 1/9 x 2, 1/10 x1, 1/11 x 1…….100%
Datil………………………………………….Romy6, 2nd generation…………………………………1/11 x 1, 1/17 x 1,1/18 x 1, 1/19 x 1………67%

In Aerogarden: 3 seeds per plug except Cabe Gendot, 2 seeds.
Cheiro Recife………………………………Stickman, 2nd generation………………………….……….1/17 x 1, 1/18 x 1, 1/19 x 1…………..100%
Lemon Drop………………………………..onefowl1………………………………………………………1/20 x 1……………………………………33%
Cabe Gendot……………………………….Trippa…………………………………………………………1/16 x 1, 1/28 x 1…………….…………100%
Inca Lost……………………………………Peppermania 2012, 2nd generation
Charapita………………………………..…Stc3248, 2nd generation

Plants already underway - top, Aji Amarillo, peruvian market, 3rd generation. Bottom, Orange Manzano, Stc3248, 3rd generation:
_DSC2532a_zpsee89d223.jpg

_DSC2531a_zps1428910a.jpg

Devv said:
I can't wait to get started!

Next weekend the "small" fall garden goes in.
EEeeee-haw!  Glad to hear you are all systems go, Scott.

We're going on a little trip, so I'll get a break from gardening
for awhile!

In the meantime, more pods harvested, and a number of plants cut down.
Looking at two days of rain, then 5 nice days in the forecast, so will cut down
some more then.  

Plants still left to ripen more pods: F3, Scotch Bonnet TFM, Aji Amarillos, Bird's
Eye HTM, Goat's Weed (purple flower), Goronong, Datil, Roatan Pumpkin cross,
c. chacoense.

JA Red Mushroom, Cili Goronong, Bird's Eye and Goat's Weed (white flower), Large Orange Thai:
IMG_0380a_zpsqcwzcnv6.jpg

Datil, Bhut Jolokia, 7 Pot Barrakapore:
IMG_0377a_zpssl1qe4gj.jpg

Primos, Chocolate Scotch Bonnet, Bonda Ma Jacques x Yellow 7:
IMG_0378a_zpszrxkmbnr.jpg

JA Red Habanero, Roatan Pumpkin cross, Chocolate Bhut Jolokia, Goat's Weed (purple flower):
IMG_0379a_zpshsut2uev.jpg

Fatali x Red Savina, Costeño Amarillo, Cheiro Recife:
IMG_0385a_zps0cjlg6hj.jpg

C. chacoense:
IMG_0383a_zps2qoxfcd7.jpg

Manzanos:
IMG_0381a_zpsxez8frvl.jpg

Trippa's F3 Mystery Cross:
IMG_0382a_zpsqzxhgzwu.jpg

IMG_0384a_zps6tbymqxi.jpg

There is some heat there, alright!

We're leaving for a long vacation on the 23rd, so this may be my last post of any 
real content until we get back in Nov.  Will sign back on then.  Will be shutting down
the major part of my grow, and leave just a few plants still ripening up pods: F3,
Scotch Bonnet TFM, Fatali Savina, Aji Amarillo and Goronong.  My son will take
care of those while we're gone, drying the F3's and some seed pods.  The rest
of the pods will go to neighbors.

The last Bonda Ma Jacques x Yellow 7:
IMG_0388a_zpsidh88qht.jpg

About a half dozen Bhut Jolokia hybrids left:
IMG_0397_zpssurhcoir.jpg

The last of the chocolate Bhuts.  Not many pods this year:
IMG_0393a_zps9om0jou8.jpg

Awesome Fatali Savinas ripening up:
IMG_0395_zpshsxyoc3i.jpg

IMG_0396_zpsvgl4gmz0.jpg

This pod is a full three fingers long.  A real monster:
IMG_0394a_zpsxouuyqxm.jpg

Some A+ Scotch Bonnets coming along:
IMG_0391a_zpsg2nrabgp.jpg

IMG_0389a_zpsvcwdl5qd.jpg

IMG_0392a_zps9isjwnbd.jpg

A beautiful white pod from Trippa's F3:
IMG_0401_zpsr9qyey7g.jpg

Will try to check back in a time or two before we leave on Wednesday.

What a great season Paul!! Glad to see you are taking a long vacation now to ease yourself into the holiday season ;) and ease that gardening burden.
I am super stoked my supplied seeds reaped some rewards for you ... That F3 is a credit to you!!
Enjoy your holiday Paul ... Where in the world are you heading my friend?

Have a great trip, Paul.

I've enjoyed the glog.

Very nice PaulG

I have to stop looking in this thread...it's depressing. I can't get anything to ripen. I've sadly come to the realization that I just don't have the necessary sunlight anywhere on my property to grow a good crop of peppers. 

One last pic before we get away from here; Scotch Bonnet TFM really coming on:
IMG_0402a_zpsjcnjxfiw.jpg

Trippa said:
What a great season Paul!! Glad to see you are taking a long vacation now to ease yourself into the holiday season ;) and ease that gardening burden.
I am super stoked my supplied seeds reaped some rewards for you ... That F3 is a credit to you!!
Enjoy your holiday Paul ... Where in the world are you heading my friend?
It will be nice to be free of the garden for a while.  I'm sure I will
have plenty to do when we get back in mid-November.  

All of the seed you have sent me the past few seasons has performed
admirably well - you da man, Tristen!  I only wish I had room to grow them all!

Our travels will take us mainly to Wales, and Spain.  We are really getting
excited to be on our way!  Will check in with you when we return, my friend!

Devv said:
Nice closing Paul!

And enjoy the time away!

Thank you, Scott buddy!  I hope your Fall is proceeding at full speed now
that you are back in the saddle.  Will check on your Fall garden when we return!

cone9 said:
Have a great trip, Paul.

I've enjoyed the glog.

Thanks, Anthony.  Glad you have enjoyed my humble offerings.

Rymerpt said:
Love the pics

Thanks, Ryme - I enjoy putting them together.

tsurrie said:
Great season for you this year. Great glog!

Have a nice and long vacation. We'll be here when you coma back :)

Thanks, Uros, glad you enjoyed it.  I'll be looking forward to
getting back on the forum when we return.

ColdSmoke said:
Very nice PaulG

I have to stop looking in this thread...it's depressing. I can't get anything to ripen. I've sadly come to the realization that I just don't have the necessary sunlight anywhere on my property to grow a good crop of peppers. 
Some of the peppers like lots of sun, others seem to like a little shade mixed in.

I hope you can keep growing until you find the right types to grow in your particular
micro-climate / habitat.  Getting pods to ripen up in the PNW can be difficult - almost
every season I've tossed lots of green pods at the end of the season.  This year 
was an exception due to the great weather in June, I think.  The Aji Amarillo take an
especially long time to ripen.

Don't give up, Jeremy!  Once you determine which varieties do well for you, you will
be off to the races!

Portuge said:
Great harvest Paul...
Thanks, James.  The Lord has been good this season!

Okay, we're on our way tomorrow morning, so will check back in
when we return in November...

I hope everyone closes out the season strong!

Back