• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

PaulG 2016

Okay, back in the saddle again.  I checked out of this forum last September,
when my wife and I went on an 8-week vacation.  We had a blast, then I came
home to two months of yard work to catch up on, and holiday season to
contend with   :doh:   

I just this week finished grinding up all the dry pods from last season.  Managed
to get my seeds in to soak on Jan. 15th, and into the Jiffy Pellets on Jan. 16th.
I'm going for fewer varieties this season, but 3 or 4 plants of most varieties that
I grow out.  No small pod peppers this year, just too labor intensive for the results,
although I have some awesome small pod powders laid away.   Speaking of which,
I have so much powder I'm considering packaging and selling some this summer.  
I'm going to try to sell my fresh pods this Fall, so maybe no more powder production
until I need some, and then, just my favorites.  

2016 grow list and germination record:

Pod name                                             Source                                               seeds sown            germinated  

Aji Amarillo ................................ Peruvian Market, 4th gen. ................................... 6 ......................... 6 ................  100%
Yellow Scorpion......................... SpankyColts 2012, 4th gen. ................................ 9 ......................... 7 ................    77%
Scotch bonnet, TFM ................. Trippa 2013, 4th gen. .......................................... 9 ......................... 6 ................    66%
Fatali ......................................... Peppermania, 2012, 2nd gen. ............................. 9 ......................... 9 ................   100%
7 Pot Burgundy ........................ Sawyer 2014, 2nd gen. ....................................... 12 ......................  11 ................   92%
Red Rocoto .............................. Peruvian Market 2015, 1st gen. ........................... 6 .......................  5 .................    84%
JA Red Habanero .................... Devv/WalkGood 2014, 3rd gen. .......................... 12 ...................... 12 ................  100%
Bhut Jolokia Red ..................... SpankyColts 2012, 3rd gen. ................................ 12 ...................... 12 ...............  100%
Primo ....................................... MGold 2012, 2nd gen ........................................... 6 ........................  6 ...............  100%
Mystery Cross ......................... Trippa, 2014, F4 .................................................... 9 ........................  9 ...............  100%
Scotch Bonnet, Chocolate ...... GaGrowhead 2015, 2nd gen. ............................... 9 ........................  7 ................   77%
Padron ..................................... Spain 2015, 1st gen. ........................................... 12 ...................... 10 ................   84%
Bhut Jolokia, Chocolate .......... GaGrowhead, 2nd gen. .......................,................ 6 .......................  5 ..................  84%

Total ........................................................................................................................ 117 .................. 105 ...............  89.7%

The first seeds began germinating on Jan. 22nd and continued until Feb. 5

1/29 - First watering of earliest germinating plants

2/2 - Begin light fertilizer routine on older seedlings:  Cal-Mag, 1 tsp / gal.
                                                                                          AK Fish Fertilizer, 1 tsp / gal. 
     - Start fan on taller seedlings

Devv said:
Very nice Paul ;)
Thanks, Scott - that really is the last hurrah for 2017!
ColdSmoke said:
Those look delicious. 
The 7 Pot Burgundy browns are hotter than I can eat.  These late
season pods may not be quite as blazing - haven't tried one yet.

The phenotypes are cool, though!

Just took a few secs to check this out....nice to be able to pick a little info from this as you're just down the road.

been wondering about 1/1/17 seed start date...looks like a plan.

Those browns pictured sure are coloring up nicely....I have become addicted to powders. Bet those would be delicious.

Great pics and info..thanks  ;)

Masher said:
Just took a few secs to check this out....nice to be able to pick a little info from this as you're just down the road.

been wondering about 1/1/17 seed start date...looks like a plan.

Those browns pictured sure are coloring up nicely....I have become addicted to powders. Bet those would be delicious.

Great pics and info..thanks  ;)
Thanks, Masher!  Would be cool if chili heads from this region
could get together and share pods, powders, seeds, etc...

I have some  dried brown 7 Pot burgundy to grind into powder.
Should be a good one.

Are you in the Lemon Drop Growdown for 2017?

Also - the NorthWestChiliFest is going to be Sept. 8-10 at
Kanaskat-Palmer state park near Maple Valley.  There are four of us
from my neighborhood who try to go every year.  Would be cool if
you can make it.  The more the merrier!  Reservations for campsites
are open now for those dates.

Good to hear from you Peter!  

Those JA Red Habaneros are one of my favorite pods.
Very hot for habaneros, and they just look awesome!

PaulG said:
Thanks, Masher!  Would be cool if chili heads from this region
could get together and share pods, powders, seeds, etc...

I have some  dried brown 7 Pot burgundy to grind into powder.
Should be a good one.

Are you in the Lemon Drop Growdown for 2017?

Also - the NorthWestChiliFest is going to be Sept. 8-10 at
Kanaskat-Palmer state park near Maple Valley.  There are four of us
from my neighborhood who try to go every year.  Would be cool if
you can make it.  The more the merrier!  Reservations for campsites
are open now for those dates.
Thinking I could maybe coincide a visit to  the pacific NW for the chilli fest and some fresh hop craft beers .... ;)

Trippa said:
Thinking I could maybe coincide a visit to  the pacific NW for the chilli fest and some fresh hop craft beers .... ;)
That would be too awesome, Tristen! You have a
place to stay if you can work it out, somehow! 

Back