• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

baking Pecan breaded chicken w/ blackberry wine sauce...

I am making pecan breaded chicken breasts with a blackberry wine sauce tonight. Served with acorn squash and apples with butter and brown sugar and some green beans. Really simple dinner that is a hit with our family.

k6vc.jpg

Ingredients for chicken:

1lb boneless/skinless chicken breast
1/4 cup crushed pecans
1/4 cup flour
1/3 cup bread crumbs
corn starch
salt and pepper to taste
1 egg
a little bit of milk

Mix the pecans, flour and bread crumbs in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. I used a little choco-hab-a-peno powder from Sicman to knock it up a notch. BAM! Mix egg and milk and beat. Dip chicken in egg mixture and coat in corn starch. Re-dip in egg mixture and coat in pecan mix. Fry in oil until browned and chicken in done.

Ingredients for blackberry wine sauce:

3/4 cup seedless blackberry preserves
3/4 cup sweet red wine (I use Barefoot Sweet Red and I usually end up finishing the bottle myself while cooking because it is so tasty!)

Combine in a small pot and cook until the alcohol cooks off. Let it re-solidify a bit before pouring on chicken.

Ingredients for brown sugar acorn squash with apples:

1 medium acorn squash, peeled, deseeded and diced
1 apple, diced (I used a Granny Smith)
brown sugar to taste
half a sick of unsalted butter

Melt butter in a pot. Add apples and squash and cook over medium heat until cooked. Add brown sugar. We like to mash it up like mashed potatoes.

o1cz.jpg

Served with a King's Hawaiian Sweet Roll...

Back