• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Penny's Glog....sort of :)

Hey everyone,

I've been posting away in other people's Glogs, and I thought it was time to show off my gardens, so its not really so much of a Glog as it is pics....if this is in the wrong spot, please feel free to move it to the appropriate spot Mods...

Hi Penny, I've been fighting aphids since December with my overwintered plants,  I just about had them all killed out when I had to move them to make room for my seedlings. You guest it my seedlings now have aphids despite the bleach cleaning and the aphids are back on my overwintered plants. I had been using a liquid Sevin spray which seemed to just maked them immune to it, so I switched to one that said it killed Aphids and mites along with several other insects that attacks vegetables, which it did along with killing the leaves on the plants and even damaged the stems on the seedlings. Really pisses about that, I hope you are able to kill your problem out, my best bet now is to give them time to recover and get them outside when it warms up some and I will give them a shot of insecticidal soap with some liquid copper in it, I used it last year and got rid of all the aphids I had so I plan to use it again. Hope you start to get warmer weather soon and that you get your aphid problem under control.

Penny said:

;)  I've been terrible at keeping up my glog lately, posting in anyone's glogs really, its been crazy busy here with work, and usually on the weekends we have our grandson. I promise to get some updated pics and post them for all to see. :dance:
I hear ya about being busy, my job blessing is the hours, 6AM to 2:30PM. Or else I wouldn't have the time.

Looks like you've got near as much of that awful white stuff built up on your ground as we do here in Nova Scotia. lol

I just wish I had more space to work with - I'd love to get a few plants started that I could plant out in my garden come late-May, early-June.

Hope your plants are doing good! :D

Sorry 'bout the white stuff :tear:

Are you saving any to water with?

I bet you're just dying to get outside and do some gardening stuff!

Hi Penny - I hope you have dug out from the snow by now!
We have had a few days of decent weather   :party: ,
but now back to cloudy and rainy for a few days starting Tuesday.   :mope:

I wanted to share the tomato sprouts from the seed you sent.  I would swear they practically had 100% germination within 3-6 days.  I mean like one or two no
shows out of more than 60 seeds by the end of the germination period!  You must have the magic touch!  I sowed the seeds into Black Gold Seedling Mix on 4/1.
Here are the trays on April 4.  Each tray had 10 varieties in the Jiffy Pellets.  I planted two seeds in each pellet, but sometimes two or three were stuck together
and I just put them in, and they all eventually sprouted!:
_DSC1382a_zps602252f8.jpg

One of the trays transplanted and out in the sun on 4/9, with a Sweet Hungarian Paprika and a Marconi Rosso to make this a legal 'growing
peppers' thread:
_DSC1385a_zps6acf7c7d.jpg

Here are two trays out in the sun on the 10th of April.  All the pepper plants except for a half-dozen OWs are on the deck
in the background, making this another legal 'growing peppers' post!   ;)   Two trays will be given away and I will keep
one tray for myself.  I have since culled each cup to one plant:
_DSC1389a_zps05cdfacf.jpg

Thank you for the great seeds, Penny; I can hardly wait to see how they turn out.  My wife is thrilled with them   :D

I hope you are warming up there at least a little.  Seems like Ol' Man Winter is having a hard time letting go this year!

Hiya Paul....I am so glad that you are having great luck with them. :dance:  I hear you on the whole winter thing, its been beautiful here the past few days and now they are calling for flurries tomorrow!! :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

I cant wait to be able to set my plants outside.....I thought my aphid issue had been dealt with but they're back.....so I've got a couple plants that are looking sickly but are hanging in there. I figure in about 4 weeks I can plant them out, so we'll see. ;)

If you need anymore seeds, just give me a shout. ;)

We're all getting the cooler weather, but it seems yours is mas cooler.

Wednesday when it warms I'll be huffing and puffing towards the North, being I'm full of hot air it should work!

Hi Penny,

I read with pleasure your blog. I like  your little garden with the large wooden vats.

I hope for you a better time, and victory on aphids. 

I look forward to follow the development of your little Pink Tiger   ! 
It really is a beautiful pepper ! 
If you protect flowers, please, do you accept to  keep me seeds to make an exchange in the autumn  :oops:  :oops:  :oops: ?  It is very difficult to find in Europe. 

Good luck

Devv said:
We're all getting the cooler weather, but it seems yours is mas cooler.

Wednesday when it warms I'll be huffing and puffing towards the North, being I'm full of hot air it should work!

Well your not as full of it as you think!! :rofl: We woke to about 4 1/2 inches of snow, I was outside raking yesterday with no coat, it was beautiful and today its cold, blustery, school buses cancelled.... :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about the white stuff out your way, but spring IS coming... We've got ornamental bushes and bulbs that are leafing out right now, but things will just have to get put on hold until the weekend since the overnight low temperatures will be at or below freezing until at least the end of the week. Spring and Fall are always a back-and-forth dance, but at least the overall trend now is upward!

Sorry also to hear that you've been having problems with aphid bastiges, but if you get the scotched this time it should keep them at bay until you finally plant outside in another few weeks. Keep 'em green!

We had a terrible winter here in Arkansas... It's getting down to 30 tonight! This crazy weather is driving me insane.

Sorry bout the snow Penny I hope you get in the garden before you lose your mind.

Back