• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

People are dying left and right

First off Farrah Fawcett died this morning at the age of 62 due to cancer. Not to be outdone, Michael Jackson was rushed to the hospitle and is either dead or in a coma (conflicting reports).

Really sucks about Farrah :(

thehotpepper.com said:
Now Michael.

Yep:

"- the Los Angeles Times and CBS confirm Michael Jackson has died, at age 50 from cardiac arrest. “Pop star Michael Jackson was pronounced dead by doctors this afternoon after arriving at a hospital in a deep coma.”"

I'm modifying my keyboard to add an "R.I.P." key. I'll use the F19 key since I only need one asterisk key. I really thought #3 would be Walter Cronkite, who's in grave condition as of last week.

I wonder if it's a publicity stunt for Whacko Jacko.

I don't mean to disparage his musical ability, some of his stuff is quite good, but might be a desparate call for help?

ring sting said:

I don't mean to disparage his musical ability, some of his stuff is quite good, but might be a desparate call for help?

Could be. Maybe he just molested some poor kid again and had to "legally declare himself dead" and drop off the radar.....let the conspiracies begin!!! On the same note, he has been in horrible health for a while now.

Also on the same note, I do share your setiments. The guy was a extremely talanted person....also a complete sicko though.

Carradine, Fawcett, McMahon, Bea Arthur, Natasha Richardson, Dom DeLuis, Ricardo Montalban, Marylin Chambers, Joh Updike, Jack Kemp....

:(

I expected Farrah, since her cancer was so advanced.
Ed McMahon was 82, so... kinda understandable.

Michael Jackson is kind of a shock, he was only 50.
A loss to the music world for sure, but earlier this year I suspected he wouldn't be here too much longer. He didn't look too good. But I didn't expect it this soon.

Poisonette said:
Michael Jackson is kind of a shock, he was only 50.
A loss to the music world for sure, but earlier this year I suspected he wouldn't be here too much longer. He didn't look too good. But I didn't expect it this soon.

My sentiments exactly.
Say what you will about his personal life the fact is that we will never have another Wacko. I am glad that i took the chance to see him in concert back around 97'. He was IMO the best of the best whether he was dancing or singing.

Michael Jackson died a long time ago.

Good stuff.

Blame it on the boogie, this is how I'm going to choose to remember MJ.

Here's hoping he can find some peace on the other side.

Bwwwahahahahaha!1!!!!!2!!!!one

This was just sent to me by DaveReed...what a headline:

MJdeath.jpg

That is truly amazing... live coverage at the hospital and theyre continuing coverage even after his body was airlifted to the coroners office.
What are the reporters gonna rush over to the cororners office and wait there until the autopsy is complete?

Seriously pathetic. sorry.

I always thought it was cool that he got a patent for the shoes used to do that lean past his center of gravity in Smooth Criminal(which has the coolest riff).

It sucks he died, but I felt that Dimebag's death was much more of a tragedy. I was really angry over that.

I don't understand what the fuzz is all about. Whacko recorded a handful of good songs during his solo career but nothing worth mentioning after 1991, still the media in Sweden try to make it sound like it's the end of showbusiness as we know it.

He'll always be remembered for being the last really crazy star. Nowadays the so called stars get headlines if they are picking their nose. Even Britney "can't afford underwear" Spears seem sane compared to that dude.

TV cut kid's afternoon programming to bring us the important stories regarding his death. Such great stories as:

Live coverage, at 11.30pm LA time, of the hospital

Live cross to Virgin Music store in Melbourne for an interview with the manager about how MJ stuff sold out, and how there were "crowds" of 10 or so people waiting to get into the store when it opened this morning

Music reporter giving us a life and times of Wacko, conveniently missing the stuff about kids, loss of fortune, etc.

I missed The Shack you wankers! Er, that's what I would say if I was 12..

Must be a slooowww news week world wide.

RS

ring sting said:

He's not dead. His x-wife hooked him up at the same place Elvis is hiding out at...........

Back