• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Pepper Club

Is there one in the Los Angeles area or is there even such a thing?

I know from all the hobbies or interest I've been into I've always made it a point to find a local club. I briefly tried doing a Google search and I kept getting 'Red Hot Chili Peppers Fan Club'.

There was always a lot of advantages to these clubs and not only that it's always fun speaking to someone face to face who shares the same likes!

Some of the advantages is being able to educate each other, trade seeds, buy in groups and get bulk rates, potluck, and just shoot the breeze.

If there is one please let me know? If there isn't one, anyone interested in starting one? I do have a venue if we need a place to meet (Gardena).

Start one.

We up here in the PNW, get together every year for a weekend of food, beer, peppers, and camping (not necessarily in that order).
All are from right here at THP. 20 or so registered members+ friends/family. This year we'll have some from S.F., Atlanta, etc.
This summer will be the 4th annual.

Point to all of this is, just call out a get tother once you've met some folks here.

And have fun!

Start one.

We up here in the PNW, get together every year for a weekend of food, beer, peppers, and camping (not necessarily in that order).
All are from right here at THP. 20 or so registered members+ friends/family. This year we'll have some from S.F., Atlanta, etc.
This summer will be the 4th annual.

Point to all of this is, just call out a get tother once you've met some folks here.

And have fun!

maybe one from Socal as well...

theres quiet a few growers from socal.... theres me.. in West Covina.. there MELISSA77754 in corono.... DocNroc in Grand Terrace.. STC shane in poway .. spongey ;...eric in SD... Fernando Socalchilihead in LA... and one of the informational pepper guru... Smokemaster in the valley....oh and mr_pots. nick is melissas bro

maybe one from Socal as well...

theres quiet a few growers from socal.... theres me.. in West Covina.. there MELISSA77754 in corono.... DocNroc in Grand Terrace.. STC shane in poway .. spongey ;...eric in SD... Fernando Socalchilihead in LA... and one of the informational pepper guru... Smokemaster in the valley....oh and mr_pots. nick is melissas bro

I'm in Torrance. Even though we are all from SoCal, we are still kinda spread out. But if it's only like once a month... no biggie right?

What about something like this:

Time: ?
Place: ?
Date: ?

1. 20 minutes Meet & Greet
2. 20-30 minutes Guest Lecture - Q&A
3. 15 minutes Seeds/Seedlings/Pods/Sauces/etc. Co-Op Sale, Trade & Distribution
4. ? minutes Conversation, Munchies & Meeting Wrap Up

If there is enough interest we can figure out the time, place and date.

Just a basic outline of say a monthly meeting. Open for discussion.

1. I figure we begin with a meet and greet. That way we can get acquainted with each other and also give the late comers extra time.

2. Anyone wants to volunteer as the first guest lecturer? I'm guessing anything from germinating, making sauces, powders, indoor and/or outdoor growing, lighting etc... basically anything to educate us on Peppers!

3. I am sure we all have seeds or chili related items that we can trade, sell or give.

4. Lots of things we all can talk about! Get a group on a special grow project (just like that group in Italy... sorry I can't recall the name right now). This should be very interesting... the potluck.

You got to figure SoCal has some of the best advantages when it comes to the weather! We should be taking advantage of that and get our heads together and share ideals and create something wonderful and we should be able to make an impact in the chili world or the very least be able to share our chili stories and not have a blank stare as to what we are talking about... lol!

I'll even volunteer a super selection of Super Hots seeds and seedlings (depending when the meeting will be) as door prizes! :dance:

Great idea!

We have a local group that gets together monthly in my other hobby. Very informal though, we don't schedule any activities, lectures or such. Three hours on the fourth Sunday of each month. We all bring something to munch/drink, nothing fancy just easy snacking food. Then it's break out the spiders, lets do some learning and have some fun! Be surprised just how fast three hours can go by.

We're having our annual holiday meeting today. I always volunteer to host this one. Break out the turkey and ham and all of the other fixin's. .

Best of luck to all getting one put together. It's well worth the effort.

While I'm somewhat new to pepper growing I think this is an excellent idea. I'm in the rancho penasquitos area of San Diego and would love something like this once or twice a month. :D

Back