• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Pepper eaters vs. Growers

I don't know I'm just a lowly eater that craves and consumes.

I grow and consume much of what I grow, my garden is small, but it produces enough to feed 6 adults and 2 teens. I eat almost all of the hot peppers I grow and give away any extra produce to those that may be in need of fresh veggies and of course hot peppers, if they would like some. I think I have ruined a few pepper eaters as most have never heard of or seen a super hot in my area.
I don't save a lot on growing my own food, in fact it probably cost more at times just to keep my garden going which  gets harder every year but I enjoy seeing the little spouts pop their heads up and in a way gives me something to live for.
I know some people that have a lot of land and they grow what ever they like and go and sell their produce at the farmers market, for them growing what ever sells the best is a way of life. I also know some rich people that grow a few things just to be more organic and can spend what ever it takes on lights, soil, containers and fertilizers, for them its fun and there is nothing wrong with that.
There are all kinds of growers and consumers some better off than the others, people in the cities have little room to grow a garden or the time to do so, so they are dependent on others to grow what they need and very seldom get the chance to enjoy spending time in a garden growing their own food. For me I enjoy gardening I take the good with the bad and never look back and say if i had just did this rather than that. I'm 61 now and I will continue to grow my hot peppers and make my own hot sauces probably till the day I die.

Sorry if y'all missed the sarcasm.

My answer is to the troll question. It needs no answer. Also notice the rub in the OP. Eaters crave and consume, but growers love and know far more.

7potquezada said:
One consumes and craves the pods but doesnt produce them.

While the other loves and produces them, knows and understands the plant far more.

: cough : troll : cough :

Don't feed the trolls.

Without supply and demand, the lovers would be the only ones loving their own peppers. Those kinky bastards.

Reminds me of my self.

I love fishing, all forms of fishing. I understand everything about technique, times, tides, species of fish, locations etc but when it comes to eating them, I am not the one to eat them. I don't mind fish but I much prefer the sport.

I can't say I am a hardcore pepper eater. Probably just the average joe when it comes to it, but I absolutely love growing things and peppers are awesome. Produce some gnarly looking fruits and experimenting with growing techniques and methods is brilliant.

Germinating in soil, in paper towels, in containers, in rockwool, in jiffy pellets, theres just so much to do and so many ways you can do it. All great fun.

7potquezada said:
How are they viewed from both perspectives?

One consumes and craves the pods but doesnt produce them.

While the other loves and produces them, knows and understands the plant far more.

Is one lesser or greater than the other?

Whats your guy's take on the contrasting differences between the two?
5e8a2b26a129eae230f0aee653055e4c.jpg

Ahaha! Glad to see you all enjoyed my post. Just happy to see at least someone didn't take this so seriously and to heart (THP) just thought I'd arouse the mind a bit lol

Success.

Back