• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Pepper Economy

bentalphanerd said:
...Having made a glutton of myself on the stuff I think I still prefer flathead :cool:

funny you should say that because flathead is one of my all-time favourite fish. me personally, I think barra is a bit overrated as a tablefish, my favourite is Coral Trout, flathead would be in the top three with John Dory just pipping it for second place.

Dont think i've ever eaten Dory. Coral Trout is very tasty, wouldn't mind snagging one fresh some day. I do enjoy a nice afternoon downing some beers & drowning some bait, mostly bream & whiting around here but snag the odd flathead, even caught a big mudcrab one day off the beach near Hervey Bay.

gardenkiller - the small dog quote was just a guess/joke but :) your friend did lose his dog in the waters. but again I dont see it far fetched either for muskies eating small mammals, food is food to them. but they wont touch humans because we're just to big for them, but maybe just a nibble :clap: & J/K I've never heard of humans getting bit by muskies.
like I said I'm not a fisherman but heard alot about muskies being fighters.
ALOT of people in this continent LIVE to fish JUST MUSKIES!

chilehunter--yeah I have heard that joke for years, but no urban legend here, it did actually happen. never heard of a muskie biting a human, but for sure have heard of ghars taking toes off of people.

don't worry about muskies and such biting toes off, worry about the crocodiles ripping you apart when barra fishing in the Top End of Oz! now that is no urban legend!!!

LOL - fishing in the NT.... reel in a barra, having a gar try to eat it on the way in...another gar starts chewing on that, then a shark tries to take the lot....by the time you get it on the boat all you've got is 3 fish heads & a cranky tiger shark.

bentalphanerd said:
LOL - fishing in the NT.... reel in a barra, having a gar try to eat it on the way in...another gar starts chewing on that, then a shark tries to take the lot....by the time you get it on the boat all you've got is 3 fish heads & a cranky tiger shark.

And this is the reason I live in a landlocked state where the most dangerous predator in the water is probably a northern pike. LOL that stuff is CRAZY!!

Sturgeon....'nuff said.

Kevin%20&%20Sturgeon%202.jpg

DD - thats it! I knew a muskie just didnt seem right for the fish I was talking about where it took 5-7 people to hold the fish (sturgeon) for a pic, & I believe it was caught in canada but close to the usa boarder. I was just lost for which species of fish it was.

Resurrecting an old thread:

On Friday afternoons I pick up my son from school like every day, but on Fridays we drop in at the local Bakery to grab a pie before I shuffle him of to ju-jitsu training. Last June we got to talking about chillies and being Indonesian they were keen on the heat. I handed them a few of my paltry winter crop of Siam & Serrano and was mauled by their comments of "not hot, not hot".
I'd lost face.
Determined to recover from this embarrassment, at the start of Spring I took down a bag of a dozen yellow Habs.
Now I get free bread & a cake every Friday {I still buy the pies}. The Habs "made their ears hurt" I take new Habs once a month.
Can't wait for the Bhuts to ripen :hell:

Try bringing up your heat addiction in your travels...it can pay off.:cool:

Back