• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Pepper Identification: Chile picante "Chili Red"

I didn't start seeds this year, instead I bought seedlings. One of the seedlings was labeled:

2954944815_7d9b57e2f9_o.jpg

This pepper is delicious! It is sweeter than any bell pepper I've had, but still has a nice heat, a little milder than a jalapeno. I dried some yesterday, and the drying process concentrated the sweetness even more. The skin isn't shiny and smooth like a normal pepper, instead its a matte texture but not rough. Like smooth but not shiny, i guess leathery might be a good word.

I can't find any information about "chile picante" or "chili red". Any ideas?

2954567769_a52d88381e_o.jpg

There similar one sold in the u.k this season and was called hot chili..ye good isn't it and seems to originate from a large mexican grower other than that haven't a clue :clap:

Goodness from a big box, for goodness sake? Why not?

Y'all have me curious about the flavour. These might have blending potential, too . . . maybe to add complexity and throttle back the sting just a bit in say, a habanero sauce.

Goodness from a big box, for goodness sake? Why not?

Y'all have me curious about the flavour. These might have blending potential, too . . . maybe to add complexity and throttle back the sting just a bit in say, a habanero sauce.

Funny you say that- that's what I use New Mexico for - er Anaheim.

I find baking the Anaheim red's at low temp in the oven until near black ? brings a flavor hmmm - soooooo rich... Little heat - but soooooo rich.

Back