• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Pepper Identification....

Found these at a local grocery store, and they SAY "Habanero", but they look to me like Scotch Bonnets.

Pic0365.jpg

Pic0366.jpg

I got them because I have been meaning to get some bonnet seeds to grow next year.

Most of the containers they had were 90% Green pods, the one I got had one fully red pod and a partially ripe orange yellow.

Pic0367.jpg

I collected the seeds, and labeled it a Scotch Bonnet, but what do you guys think?

rainbowberry said:
If you order Scotch Bonnets or Habs over in the UK from your local fruit/veg man you'll get chillis looking like yours Richard, it seems the sellers are unsure too.

Over here the supermarkets(Publix in particular) have visual charts as guidelines for the peppers they carry and how hot they are.....and they call orange habs(what the picture on their chart is) scotch bonnets

rainbowberry said:
If you order Scotch Bonnets or Habs over in the UK from your local fruit/veg man you'll get chillis looking like yours Richard, it seems the sellers are unsure too.

The lady is write of couRse seen regularly in West Indian and asian shops in the U.K :rolleyes:

Back