• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Pepper Questions

where would be the best source for obtaining hot pepper powders. The spice house I deal with only carries the basics. Which is hotter, the Naga Morich or the Bhut Jolokia . When in the form of a powder, will the pepper still maintain its flavor ( like the fruity flavor mention of the Naga) :oops:

I guess it is possible to look online for powders, but it's always better (and cheaper) to make your own. the argument of which is hotter is never ending, and not something to be answered so easily. both are extremely hot, no doubt. when you dry a chile, most of the flavor is pretty much gone and you need to dry the chiles so you could make the powder.

DickT said:
where would be the best source for obtaining hot pepper powders. The spice house I deal with only carries the basics. Which is hotter, the Naga Morich or the Bhut Jolokia . When in the form of a powder, will the pepper still maintain its flavor ( like the fruity flavor mention of the Naga) :oops:

Powders Make em yaself, buy the dried types ya like, then put in coffee grinder,, or these dudes http://www.chileseeds.co.uk/chili-powder.htm have some powders...

which is hotter, well ive tried a Full Morich, Dorset naga and a Bih,, Dorset Hottest, Morich close 2nd, then Bih..BUT they are all hotttttttttttttt, so as a powder wouldn't reallly matter and yes they retain flavour when in Powder form, i make it, the hardest part bout Naga Powder is How Much to add as its ridiculously hot, and you will always put more than ya need in which sucks because Ya can't take heat out of food once its in there, But you can always add :)

Back