• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Pepper Seed Survey - Help Me Make Up My Mind. Please : )

Thanks everyone for your suggestions - very helpful and informative :woohoo:

The items in bold were mentioned, and some of them by several members. So, I'm doing these for sure, and as a nod to the "do 'em all" school of thought as many more as I have containers. The small ornamentals will go into 2or3 gallon containers and the largest specimens into 18 gallon containers. I have about 12 5-7 gallon nursery pots for the medium height specimens. I'm going to start germinating this week - starting with the C.Chinense and adding more as I have time. I will try to grow a few specimens in relative isolation in my neighbors' yards a few houses away.

Bolivian Rainbow..............................Yellow Peter
Nosegay............................................Trinidad Scorpion
Devil Tongue......................................NuMex Twilight
Yellow Jellybeans..............................Tom Thumbs
Wild Texas Tepin..............................Black Prince
Black Pearl.........................................Chili costa rica
Explosive Ember.................................Scotch Bonnet
Chocolate Habanero..........................Jamaican Red Mushroom
Chiltepin..............................................Omnicolor
Red Carribean Habanero....................Orange Habanero - recommended
Aji Yellow - For Peruvian friend........Thai Hot
Inca Lost..............................................Fatali - recommended
White Habanero...................................Red Savina
Bishop's Crown - recommended.......Inca Red Drop
Orange Rocoto....................................Congo Trinidad

:clap: Again, a thousand thanks for your thoughtful suggestions. I'll post something on my Grow Log in a few days. If you think of anything else I should consider, please feel free to weigh in! Good luck this year to all those whose Grow Logs I haven't visited, yet.

i have cloned other plants as well...http://www.ehow.com/how_8116307_clone-peppers.html ......i gotta say rootone is some awesome stuff :) i will try peppers this year

I believe that the taste of a dried pepper is much different from the taste of a fresh one. In this case, drying the Black Pearls takes away some of that less than desirable "ornamental" taste that many of the ornamentals have. All thats left is a slow burning ceyenne-like heat that is ideal from adding to your rice or noodle water, for example.

i have cloned other plants as well...http://www.ehow.com/how_8116307_clone-peppers.html ......i gotta say rootone is some awesome stuff :) i will try peppers this year

Yes, a great product! I want to try some peppers this year, for sure!

I believe that the taste of a dried pepper is much different from the taste of a fresh one. In this case, drying the Black Pearls takes away some of that less than desirable "ornamental" taste that many of the ornamentals have. All thats left is a slow burning ceyenne-like heat that is ideal from adding to your rice or noodle water, for example.

Great information - I'll do one for sure! Thank you so much.

Back