• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Pepper Seeds for Mexico...

Pepper Seeds from Mexico...

I was sharing my passion for peppers with an acquaintance today who happens to be from Mexico City, Mexico. He said that if I gave him a list of hard to find peppers for around here, he would forward it onto his family that is coming up to visit. Now, I think that this is a great opportunity to get some exotic seeds, right? However, I am unsure of what is readily available for that region of Mexico in regards to what would be hard for me to readily acquire here. Does anyone have any suggestions what I should be asking for? I also think this would be great for our seed exchange box...

The chiles found most in mercados in Mexico are xalapas, manzanos, chilacas, tepins, arbols, poblanos, hungarian yellow wax, serranos and etc. This will depend upon season and location of the mercado. There are chinenses in Yucatan and not elsewhere.

Rarely see any exotics in the mercados and it's easier to get seed for them here.

Picture from mercado in Guanajuato:

mex1.jpg

willard3 said:
The chiles found most in mercados in Mexico are xalapas, manzanos, chilacas, tepins, arbols, poblanos, hungarian yellow wax, serranos and etc. This will depend upon season and location of the mercado. There are chinenses in Yucatan and not elsewhere.

Rarely see any exotics in the mercados and it's easier to get seed for them here.

Picture from mercado in Guanajuato:

mex1.jpg
Damn, they're all fresh... me wants some. :P

I'd be looking for some genuine Chimayo seeds, and then you can send me some;)

Edit: I guess the Chimayos are actually from New Mexico

Back