• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Pepper X

I bought this from ebay and seeds came from the Italy seller. I just wanted be sure what is it? It does not look anything I have ever seen? I'm doing taste test end of the week and I can then is it hot or very hot. I think its gonna be atleast super hot category. What you guys think?

Taste is priority. I don't get the continued heat race, though. Who is eating fresh Reapers, Moruga Scorpions and other things around the 2m scoville level and thinking "This isn't hot enough..."?

I love them but I don't see the need for them to hit 3m or above. I personally wish a lot of these supers would get bred down to around jalapeno levels so people other than us chiliheads can enjoy them as well. Carolina Weaker would be a good name for one.

Ruid said:
Taste is priority. I don't get the continued heat race, though. Who is eating fresh Reapers, Moruga Scorpions and other things around the 2m scoville level and thinking "This isn't hot enough..."?

I love them but I don't see the need for them to hit 3m or above. I personally wish a lot of these supers would get bred down to around jalapeno levels so people other than us chiliheads can enjoy them as well. Carolina Weaker would be a good name for one.
Yup,  but most people won't even eat raw jalapeno. What I have been experienced that the best tasting chilies is not the mildest. Of course nobody would not drink rectified spirit as is. I don't eat super hots because I'm badass. I just taste them and use it  lightened. And mostly super hots give u slow burn sensation and milder ones sharp burn. 

Ruid said:

Other than Ed, as far as I am aware, no one has ever had a reaper test near 2m shu. World records and stupid spicy hype all sells sauce bottles, seeds and fruit.
Injecting extract into peppers, especially of drying them to send powder in for testing, is virtually undetectable and will dramatically alter results.

There's also the part where that testing is expensive and most growers can't afford to have it done. Most growers don't sell individual tortilla chips for $5 either, though.

Reactions: Bou
Demented said:
$50-$300 depending on who you go with and the types/amounts of samples usually.
I could easily affort that if I ever create a new variety. People should do more certified capsaicin test. Some people are good at greating new chilies and doing it very professional.

I'm happy with where supers are now. I'll try whatever is new that I can get my hands on, but I'll definitely be hoping that those who review them will talk just as much about how they taste.

There was a lot of debate on whether the Chocolate Bhutlah was legitimately hotter than the Carolina Reaper. I don't remember anyone saying the Chocolate Bhutlah tasted better. It would be cool for there to be some extensive polling on rating peppers on a scale of 1-10 in terms of flavor and maybe get suggestions popping up based on what you like.

Demented said:
If indeed these peppers are hog wash as there is still no proof of them, and likely will be no proof of them, couldn't both Hot Ones and Puckerbuttt get hit with FDA labelling fines/warnings for listing ingredients not found in the sauce?
No.

Pu-butt can invent any name and claim it is an ingredient and all the FDA requires is that there is a pepper in the sauce.

For a company with a history of renaming the work of others as their own this works well as a marketing ploy. They know they don't have to invent a pepper, just a name and the hot sauce will sell.

It is incredibly funny to me that X is often used to designate an unknown variable and Pu-butt uses the name Pepper X.

If you stick to collecting super-hot peppers that aren't claimed by Pu-butt then odds are good that you will end up with the same peppers that Pu-butt will rename and claim.

It isn't like the company is known for innovation, credibility or originality. It's boring and doesn't offer anything of interest and there are plenty of sources of better genetics from people who can breed plants well and not just steal from others like a 2 bit dopehead.

At the top by the stem it looks like it was about to change color to a brown if ripened longer. If so, I'd guess chocolate nagabrain.

https://www.whitehotpeppers.com/products/nagabrains-chocolate-strain-1
It never turned brown. It stayed like that. I already crossed something else and it turned to a nice bright red :)

IMG_5160.JPG

Back