• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

PepperJam's 2011 Grow Log

For the 2011 season i'll focus more on super-hots and so-so-hots than other veggies. I'll be growing the following peppers:

1. Bhut Jolokia
  2. Trinidad Scorpion
  3. 7pot
  4. Yellow 7pot
  5. Naga Morich
  6. Red Habaneros
  7. Thai Birds Eye Pepper
  8. Super Chili

For veggies/herbs i'll be just growing:

1. Diva Eggplant
  2. Carmen Bell Peppers
  3. Neopolitan Basil
  4. Mint

I'm just germinating peppers for now since those take longer to grow. Here's my seedling tray under lights. I also have some superhots seeds in wet paper towels/sandwich bags on a heating pad to keep the temps at 85 degrees. The seedling tray is also on the pad so it helps the seedlings grow.

P1010215.jpg

Here's a paper towel setup.

P1010238.jpg

can u see something interesting here?

P1010237.jpg

and i unwrap the diaper:

P1010242.jpg

seed is crying because its too cold, so i put it in the seedling tray:

P1010243.jpg

and i cover it up, its happy now:

P1010240.jpg

its now all warm and cozy with the rest of the superhot family:

P1010247.jpg

So far i only have the following seedlings:
  • 1 bhut jolokia
  • 2 naga morichs
  • 2 trinidad scorpions
  • 1 7pot
  • 4 habaneros
  • 4 birds eye chillis
  • 4 super chillis

At first i put each pepper-type into it's own sandwich bag. But after 3 weeks a few germinated. So i'm trying a giant sandwich bag with paper towel:

P1010239.jpg

Lets see how things go in time.

Pepperjam, I have a lot that are in cups and have put out their first true leaves. It is kind of funny to see them stretching and wanting out. Everything looks great.

Just an update. Here are pics from last week. I moved some more seedlings into cups. Spacing is starting to become a issue. The super chillis are doing great, i'm seeing flower buds already.

P1010337.jpg

Here are the bigger ones (super chilli, habanero, naga, trini scorp)
P1010332.jpg

P1010334.jpg

The smaller ones (bhut jolokias, brain strain, birds eye, some late seedlings)
P1010331.jpg

P1010333.jpg

Just an update, went to home depot, got two more T12 ballasts so i can put the taller pepper plants under lights. Here's my setup:

P1010345.jpg

P1010346.jpg

P1010347.jpg

The super chillis are doing great. They are starting to bloom. what should i do? Cut the flowers? or leave it. Over here in houston it was super windy and chilly, so have not started to harden some plants yet.

P1010348.jpg

Started to harden off the plants. i cut the leaves off of 6 older plants that had holes and tears on the leaves. I think it should help them grow.

Here they are enjoying the sun and wind!

Red Bhut jolokias, t-scorps, nagas, super chillis, early jalapenos, thai birds eye chillis, 7pods, brain strains
P1010368.jpg

P1010370.jpg

jalapeno goliaths, yellow 7pods, yellow bhuts, ...
P1010369.jpg

I'm using some flavia coffee boxes that they have at work. They were just sitting there for the garbage bin. I took them home. They fit 6 cups real nice without the cups falling over. Help especially when moving from the indoor setup to outside.

Back