• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

PEQUINS from MEXICO

cmpman1974 said:
No apologies necessary NJA. It sounds like you have your hands full and then some! I just wanted to make sure they were actually getting received. :) I was getting concerned.

Mainly, I wanted to send out the seeds to you I packed already, but I don't have your mailing address.

Regarding the pequins, my favorite is probably a variety I got in Arizona from a plant nursery when I was out there on vacation. Nice heat, very tall plant, good production. A perfect representation of one. From a unique perspective, one of the coolest is a variety called Pequin from Puerto Vallarte. It's got dark green leaves, very tall plant, spreads a lot, small pointed pods. Unfortunately, I didn't get many pods on it because I planted it very late in 2008. Macho isn't an 'official' Pequin, but it has birdlike qualities, gets super tall and produces a great many elongated juicy pods that pop right off the plant. There really are so many neat ones out there. They are just hard to find.

Chris

Thanks. I am Pming you.

NJA

One of the things that make tepin so picante is that you don't de-seed, de-placenta the fruit as you do with larger chiles.

Back