• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Perfect Catfish

My dinner was so awesome, that I feel like sharing the main ingredient:

Perfect Catfish: Butter fried on high for 3 minutes a side. This is much tastier than the Rainbow Trout that I’ve been having lately.  I had this mostly plain, just adding some salt and liquid hickory—but the texture screamed for some Old Bay Seasoning or some blackening spice combination.  Something about the consistency of Catfish meat makes it awesome for absorbing spices.

Looks delish, Mark.  Really a nice job on the fish!  It has been awhile but when we did catfish we liked it with cornmeal, flour, and a bit of cayenne for the crust, served with fried green tomatoes and hush puppies. Maybe a dab of Rémoulade. Definitely, not as healthy as what you have pictured!  Now it is halibut, crab or shrimp.  Must get back to catfish!  I like your plate, reminds me of a titanium backpacking plate or something.

Thanks for sharing!

Scoville DeVille said:
Oh, HAEL YES!

Looks delicious!!

I'll take Catfish over Rainbow trout, any damm day of the year!

They taste like mud. 
The Rainbow Trout that I've been getting don't taste awful, they are just too lean and lacking a lot of taste.  I have a feeling that wild Rainbow Trout will be much tastier and have more fatty meat, than the Farmed Trout that I'be been purchasing.  I'll find out when I catch some Rainbow Trout this Spring and Summer!

Back