• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests Pest ID Plz

Hello everyone, new to the forum but been lurking and studying for a while.  This is my first try at growing the extremely hot peppers.  Found these bugs on my plants today and can not seem to find out what the white things are.  Any help will be greatly appreciated

hope the pic come up

You have many issues it seems...I could be wrong but I think I see white flies, aphids and I believe those bigger white things are good bugs (almost like ladybug larvae) and eat the bad guys but not sure if they will before that plant is destroyed. 

OK so how do I kill em? 
Your infestation is bad enough to break out the pesticide. If you can, capture the big mop bugs and move to a safe area. Spray the affected plants with a pyrethrin based product. Apply in the evening and repeat every 2 days until you aren't seeing any new bad bugs. Make sure you spray the bottom of the leaves, aphids like to hang out there. The aphids will die in place and leave a tiny carcass. You can gently wash the leaves with water and your fingers to remove the dead bugs and some of the honeydew they excreted.

Awesome. Thanks for correcting me guys.
No problem  ;)  I only know what these guys are because I found them in my garden a few years ago and looked them up in the Texas Bug Book, which had a pic that was pretty much identical. They are pretty cool little guys, sometimes they raise up the front half of their bodies and wave it around like some kind of aphid hunting dinosaur claiming it's territory.

i would immediately squish the aphids with your fingers. That is a lot of aphids. More than i have seen anyway

Back