• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Peter Pepper hotter than hell fire

I kid you not. I ate a red habanero, it has nothing on this Peter Pepper. This Peter pepper totally owned me - from one bite. What the hell happened, not even my seven pod hit me like this. It was like a wasp stung the back of my throat.

Evidence - partly eaten Peter VS Red habanero.

DSCF1319.jpg

I'm keeping the seeds of this pod, hopefully its ripe enough for the seeds to be ready to harvest. My tongue has this wierd sensation now - can't taste some things. Damn!

Has anyone had the same experience as this? I was of the understanding that peters are meant to be mild to medium.

I'm wondering if these peters have crossed with one of my douglahs. Are peters suppost to be hot (hotter than usual jalopinos etc)? Any one got any info on this?

Hmmmm, that was going to be my next question. Does heat levels necessarily mean more pain or just different pain. Ie getting used to one type of capcaisin (how ever it's spelt)

I think the peters might be able to really up their cap levels if they're stressed. During the summertime mine were kicking my butt. But as fall set in and into winter they've been much more mellow.

Although now you've got me thinking about what would happen if you crossed a brain strain with a peter pepper. I'll just leave that image in your head and let you fill in the blanks.

I looked up the possible SHU levels found on a website after a hard night of googling. They can reach 30 000, that's a lot higher than the jalopino at 5000 max. They taste like capsicums (bell peppers for our us friends).

Think I might keep these!

It could be that Peter pepper was hanging out with the wrong Country Girl pepper and caught something. :) Now, it's burning a lot.

Chris

Back