• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Peter Stanley - 2019 grow log

This is sort of update 0, as I haven't finalized which peppers I'm growing yet. But I show a rough list and some ongoing projects I have in the basement. I'll post another update when I start seeds in a week or so.
Here's the rough, working list of the seeds I'm starting so far. I'll probably change it around a little before I start them.

https://bit.ly/2Qu8bTH

Hi Peter, always enjoy your updates. I have question after watching your updates from last year - I notice that your outdoor drip plants are all on a tarp. I was thinking of doing the same thing just to avoid having the grass grow between the plants but I was wondering what your reason for laying down a tarp was?

Siv said:
Hi Peter, always enjoy your updates. I have question after watching your updates from last year - I notice that your outdoor drip plants are all on a tarp. I was thinking of doing the same thing just to avoid having the grass grow between the plants but I was wondering what your reason for laying down a tarp was?
It's to keep grass out. I bought it in Walmart, where the buckets and tape are, just black sheet plastic, I think 15 x 20 feet, or something close to that.

Awesome, Peter! Your plants always look amazing! I hope you started all that you wanted to this year! I'm very interested in Khang Starr's Lemon Starburst. And if there's a peach version, that would rock. Would you be able to do a trade later in the season?

Great stuff! I'll be following...!

Here are a few recent pics of progress, should have a new video up soon.

Drip plants
ZdiwuJn.jpg

White Hot Pepper's Scotch Bonnet II
fbKymsE.jpg

White Hot Pepper's Orange Ghost
9KFdn2o.jpg

Shishito
ZKQTpvJ.jpg

Purple Pumpkin
2c3Hh2U.jpg

Fish Pepper
7eTqjio.jpg

Primo x Carbonero
o6IsKhh.jpg

Aji Lemon Drop
yE7nY2Q.jpg

Leviathan Gnarly Scorpion
jqeAL7q.jpg

267KUGf.jpg

KS Peach StarrKist
WAsT7M0.jpg

Mellow Brown f3
CKCJ8Jp.jpg

Plans for 60 gallon Kratky grow - Butch T Scorpion in pickle barrel
9lM0A04.jpg

A couple large Kratky setups I just finished. These were both moved out of 5 gallon DWC systems.

Bih Jolokia in 44 gal trashcan, probably has around 30 gallons on nutrients.
blHeNO8h.jpg

Butch T Scorpion in a 60 gallon pickle barrel with around 55 gallons of nutrients.
aMqoXZ8h.jpg

Peter S said:
A couple large Kratky setups I just finished. These were both moved out of 5 gallon DWC systems.

Bih Jolokia in 44 gal trashcan, probably has around 30 gallons on nutrients.

Butch T Scorpion in a 60 gallon pickle barrel with around 55 gallons of nutrients.

Peter, do your barrels get direct sunlight? Do you worry about the nute temps getting very high? The nutes in my black buckets are hitting over 100F after a couple hours in the sun. I've covered them in tinfoil and this helps a lot but wondering if it makes a difference or not with Kratky?

Siv said:

Peter, do your barrels get direct sunlight? Do you worry about the nute temps getting very high? The nutes in my black buckets are hitting over 100F after a couple hours in the sun. I've covered them in tinfoil and this helps a lot but wondering if it makes a difference or not with Kratky?
I haven't had any problems with them. The Kratky setups are less susceptible to heat issues than fully submerged systems like DWC. I think it's because they're getting oxygen from the air layer above the solution.

Here's a preview of the large Kratky grows I've started this year. I'm also planning a quasi-Krakty dual plant, reservoir fed,  27 gal tote too.

https://youtu.be/5iUEY2n3tlk

You never stop, Peter!

Those big Kratkys are awesome.
How often do you have to replenish?

Back