• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Peter's 2016 Grow

I'm still working out my grow list, and will start most of my seeds in a couple weeks. I have started a few early, and have some growing in hydro and potting mix. Here are four over winters from this past year; 7-Pot Rennie Chocolate, Devil's Heart, Bahamian Goat and Peach Bhut.

qPfZvFul.jpg

Most recent pic of my hydro setup. Maxibloom nutes under 400 watt CMH. I'm going to probably switch to Masterblend/Calcium Nitrate/Epsom Salt blend at some point when the Maxi runs out. This is mostly for starting, I'm going to setup 2 buckets with one plant each that I'll try to grow out larger.

There's a mix of BBM, Caramel Moruga, Jamacian Hot Choc., Hot Fingers and Large Orange Thai currently.

pxYvYpXl.jpg

Here're two that I took out recently and transplanted to potting mix.

The one on the left is Caramel Moruga Scorpion, and other is Jamaican Hot Chocolate. The JHC is about a week behind the C. Moruga.

vYFO3sHl.jpg

The C. Moruga is in a Rapid Rooter plug
9uYU0qVl.jpg

The J. Hot Choc. is in rock wool.
t2kYlUGl.jpg

After transplant.
J9g1RCrl.jpg

Here're a couple that'll go into the hydro bucket soon. These are growing under my cheap Wal-mart LED bulbs. They seem to work well for the sprouts.

Genghis Khan's Brain
s9ZzeFDl.jpg

Peach Bhut
qCC02Bhl.jpg

So far what I've started and/or have germinating as of now is:
Big Black Mama
Caramel Moruga Scorpion
Jamaican Hot Choc.
Hot Fingers
Large Orange Thai
Peach Bhut
Genghis Khan's Brain
Superhot Beast
Trinidad Hornet
Monkey Nipples
Sarit Gat
Choc BrainStrain
Apocalypse Scorpion
Reaper
Orange Thai SSE
Unknown Reaper X
I Scream Scorpion
Butch T Scorpion
Chocolate Primo Reaper
BTR Scorpion
Sugar Rush Peach
Mayan Love Pepper
MA Wartyx Variant
Kraken Scorpion
Bhut Assam

Oh, I got this the other day too, to help monitor the nutes. I didn't realize how big this thing was until I got it. From seeing product pics, I thought it would be ink pen size. I like it a lot.

VxnUtQql.jpg

SavinaRed said:
Nice plants and I like the Styrofoam cup idea. I think I will be a copycat lol.
Thanks! So far I like using those cups. They're cheap and easy to prep. For the holes, I just poke a knife and twist holes around the bottom edge and underneath. They're very sturdy too.

I transplanted eight plants from hydro to cups, here's a video of my process.
Some pics.
D3monic's Paper Lantern x Butch T Yellow
1APH7pZl.png

Some slow release fert I'm trying until I can get a big bag of Osmocote.
bH9HmPJl.jpg

A few transplants
Rh8B98bl.jpg

CiLEMvNl.jpg

q58jA8jl.jpg

RojpL6Xl.jpg

With my tomatoes...
UgI3sZQl.jpg

ROW0MY3l.jpg

After putting eight more back in to the multi site bucket.
h6cxakhl.jpg

Four Butch T's Mustard Moruga Brains with a Sarit Gat in the back.

XSx5GzGl.jpg

I trimmed a bunch of the obnoxiously fat Chin leaves that had some fert burn. They can breath a little now.

93CuKssl.jpg

7CPBZbwl.jpg

BBM
kGyFZSfl.jpg

Jamaican Hot Choc
CEAU6ppl.jpg

The D3monic's Paper Lantern x Butch T Yellow are growing like crazy
qa27ZWZl.jpg

8POWn8Yl.jpg

The Jay's Ghost Scorp Peach is starting to pick up
8LjT08jl.jpg

My Ten Fingers of Naples tomatoes with a Monkey Nipples in the foreground
StZMkqGl.jpg

Cereja da Amapi
bnwPnV3l.jpg

Black Naga
Uty5gmWl.jpg

Sherwood's Carbonero F4
Z41pxbCl.jpg

Peter S said:
Here's a video I made this morning of transferring my BBM between hydro buckets.

Frame grab showing the roots.
jz7IEldl.jpg

Thanks for the video and all the tips! Im gonna try out hydro this year and these posts/vids are great! Thanks for the ppm info and the turkey baster hole & bucket mod seem like great ideas.

Hophead said:

Thanks for the video and all the tips! Im gonna try out hydro this year and these posts/vids are great! Thanks for the ppm info and the turkey baster hole & bucket mod seem like great ideas.
Thanks! I'm glad you found it helpful. 

Made a pretty good score at Southern Ag this week. I got a bunch of container mix stuff and ferts. A lot of the ferts should last into next year too. I'll need to make a run later to get the rest of the container mix as I couldn't carry it all in one trip. My plan is to use mostly slo release ferts for my containers, and by next year acquire a Mixrite fert injector and solely use the masterblend formula for feeding.

2 x 25lb bags of Southern Ag brand version of masterblend @$25.65 each
1 50lb bag of Calcium Nitrate $17.81
1 50lb bag of Epsom salt $15.60
8 2.8 cuft bags of SunGro mix @$10.20/bag
12 1 cuft bags cow manure compost @$2.50/bag
40lb bag of Southern Ag granular Essential Minor Elements 24.70 (will be first time trying this)
50lb bag of 14-14-14 3mo slo release $30.68 (The Andersons brand, but same specs as osmocote)

CKYfi0Kl.jpg

FHbpy2wl.jpg

TANednTl.jpg

1zImv0Xl.jpg

I let the multi-site bucket go a little long. lol. Getting a bunch of these in cups today.

5b5gZvhl.jpg

Jay's Ghost Peach
rdFyvdbl.jpg

Some pods on my Jamaican Hot Choc.
ZKQpt42l.jpg

My coffee can peppers. Also going in cups soon.
76Pgnzql.jpg

BBM and JHC
b1Re8cLl.jpg

Kratky experiment Carbonero still alive
6DM9sONl.jpg

I potted up 8 yesterday, going to do 7 or 8 more today. Planning to move the tomatoes to a t-8 light I have in the basement, to make room. I picked up a second fan from Goodwill cheap. It was actually brand new, box was dinged. Now I won't have to keep moving the same one between shelves.

RAAlSxKl.jpg

Here are some I pulled out of the hydro yesterday,

V7Mq7p9l.jpg

1wNP9qxl.jpg

uPup9Lxl.jpg

This Black Fatalii is from seed that coachspencerx gave me. For a while it was very slow growing, then all of a sudden started growing like crazy.

wGZ5Wu1l.jpg

Side note:
I picked up this smoothie maker/extractor from Sams club for 19.95. It has a second blade lid for grinding dry stuff. Tried it on these large orange thai. Totally pulverized it to a fine powder, seeds and all.

LFvjKlLl.jpg

DCyRbwel.jpg

Back