• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

PhotoBucket Changes/Update

``
In case you didn't notice, back in 2017 PhotoBucket changed it's user agreement to include a $399 yearly fee to hot link it's site for image hosting (I have thousands of pix on PB and have been slowly transferring them to IMGUR.), or else your pix were held hostage and replaced with this.

photobucket-message.jpg

I recently noticed a change to this:

IMG_20160624_194753984_zpsh9zfbekf.jpg

The pix show up but with a large watermark. So I thought I'd look around and see if there were any other noticeable changes.... Yup, they're offering monthly subscriptions, or yearly with a discount, PhotoBucket Plans, and at roughly 125 bucks for the premium service that's $275 less than the original charge! Huuummm, maybe they underestimated their importance with all the still free services, LifeWire - Free Image Hosting Sites for Your Photos So the bottom line is, PhotoBucket's  financial bottom line has changed...... 

And remember, it's very easy to hot link pix from sites that host them, as noted by the Boss!

The Hot Pepper said:
You actually don't need all those steps.

You can find the image, right click your mouse to "Copy image", and "Paste" in thp editor.  ;)

Watch this....
aXxBIXM.jpg
`

I abandoned my  FB  account when they imposed that fee, and a while after that, I couldn't even see my images, let alone link to them. So I just walked away from it and I've never been back.

Back