• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Picked up some HOT sauces yesterday

Visited Double-D Meats yesterday and picked up a couple HOT sauces, and here they are!

DSC00002.jpg

The sauces are: Defcon 1 Wing Sauce, and Blair's Pure Death Sauce. Never had these before, and I'm really looking forward to putting them to work! :woohoo: :hell:

Those look like a couple of interesting sauces.

Had a chance to check out the Blair's Pure Death Ingredients: Habanero Chili Pods, Naga Jolokia, Vinegar, Hawaiian Red Salt.

Sounds good! :woohoo:

And the Defcon 1 Wing Sauce Ingredients: Aged Cayenne Peppers, Distilled Vinegar, Water, Salt, Garlic Powder, Cayenne Peppers, Cream, White Wine Vinegar, Natural Flavours and Pepper Extract.

I try to be a bit more careful with the extract sauces. :hell: :crazy: :onfire: :mouthonfire:

dvg

I gotta get over to that store next time in Seattle. You have NO IDEA how tempted I was to "accidentally" forget to include Defcon's wing sauce in the recent charity auctions.

dvg, others have said that Defcon uses a different process to get their extracts and it's not supposed to have the same effect as the original capsaisin extracts.

2 fine sauces you have there.

The Defcon through me for a loop at first taste w/ the cream.But the more I ate I liked it.
Now it's one of my go to sauces for just about anything.

The Pure Death is very tasty.
It has alot of seeds and is not very hot at all.But very tasty.

I could drink it :)

And the Defcon 1 Wing Sauce Ingredients: Aged Cayenne Peppers, Distilled Vinegar, Water, Salt, Garlic Powder, Cayenne Peppers, Cream, White Wine Vinegar, Natural Flavours and Pepper Extract.

I try to be a bit more careful with the extract sauces. :hell: :crazy: :onfire: :mouthonfire:

dvg

dont let the extract scare you away. theres no crappy extract taste to it & since you're a seasoned chilehead the heat wont be too hot either..like some other extreme extract sauces.

BTW nice buy DD.

dont let the extract scare you away. theres no crappy extract taste to it & since you're a seasoned chilehead the heat wont be too hot either..like some other extreme extract sauces.
Agreed, if you're a chilehead, you won't find it crazy hot. I could make it hotter, but I'd rather keep the 95% of customers that like it just the way it is.

Agreed, if you're a chilehead, you won't find it crazy hot. I could make it hotter, but I'd rather keep the 95% of customers that like it just the way it is.

correct on that, Creator. Most like medium sauces, but there seems to be this 1% of customers who like it nuclear...most of whom seem to have found their way to this website! :lol:

For me, Defcon 1 is the perfect wing sauce. If I want to step up the heat, I now have plenty of ammo in my chile arsenal to easily bump it up. DuvallDaves, hurry up with that bottle cause it's time to order a few quarts.
icon_smile.gif

its a great recipe! yes its :hot: but if you're a seasoned chilehead then its not insane crazy hot.

I guess you'll be happy to know we're currently working on an evil little wing sauce that you won't have to use your 'ammo' on.

:cool: any other info ?

For me, Defcon 1 is the perfect wing sauce. If I want to step up the heat, I now have plenty of ammo in my chile arsenal to easily bump it up. DuvallDaves, hurry up with that bottle cause it's time to order a few quarts.
icon_smile.gif

Yep, I loved the wings I made with Defcon 3, so I wanted to try out Defcon 1. I've tried other wing sauces, but they don't even come close to how great Defcon sauces are. CA, that sauce will be coming :)

I guess you'll be happy to know we're currently working on an evil little wing sauce that you won't have to use your 'ammo' on.

Nice! :woohoo:

dvg, others have said that Defcon uses a different process to get their extracts and it's not supposed to have the same effect as the original capsaisin extracts.

Yeah I've heard something along the lines that Defcon doesn't use ketones in their extracting process.

Apparently it is the ketones that can cause ya to double over in gastro-intestinal distress and huge amounts of pain... :eek:

Next time I'm placing an order with unclebig.com, a major Canadian fiery foods distributor, I might just have to include one of the Defcon hot wing sauces. :cool:

dvg

Yesterday, Had pork burritos with Blair's Pure Death sauce for lunch, and I'm reporting back my findings. The sauce was not hot, and the flavor of the sauce was subtle within the total burrito flavor experience. My first impressions are that it's a good sauce for those who don't like spicy extremes.

Back