• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Pictures of our hot sauce collection

sweatnspice said:
Did you guys have those wooden shelves custom made?

Actually, no. I've had my wooden racks for nearly 10 years now. They were made by a company out of San Luis Obispo, CA that now no longer exists. Apparently, they did some bang-up business the first year selling hot sauce racks...then their business dried up and went away the next. It's too bad, really, because they're pretty sturdy and look nice as well.

The closest I've seen to what I have is from ZipCabs, found at:

http://www.zipcabs.com/standard-quote-hot-sauce-cabinets.htm

For the quantity of bottles they hold, I find their racks to be quite pricy. Maybe because I got mine much cheaper years ago, but I'd have to be making ALOT more money to sink the cash into it. Also, theirs seem to all be wall-mounted ones. I don't want to mount them ALL on the wall, since I may not always have the wall space to do so. My floor one is cool because I can always put it on the floor beneath the wall-mounted if I want to do so.

We've toyed with the idea of commissioning a carpenter to build us a custom rack, but the price of that has always pushed it further down the "do" list.

- J

LinNJoe said:
For the quantity of bottles they hold, I find their racks to be quite pricy. Maybe because I got mine much cheaper years ago, but I'd have to be making ALOT more money to sink the cash into it. Also, theirs seem to all be wall-mounted ones. I don't want to mount them ALL on the wall, since I may not always have the wall space to do so. My floor one is cool because I can always put it on the floor beneath the wall-mounted if I want to do so.
- J

CORRECTION:

ZipCabs also makes their racks able to be countertop versions, and not just wall-mounted racks. Very cool.

- J

Great pictures Lin & Joe! You 2 are lucky to enjoy the same hobby. My wife is... well glad my bottles are at work!!

Maybe others can post pictures of their collection here??

Here's a guy in Atlanta with a 1200+ collection. Looks like custom shelves in the back.

space-1.jpg

He's Got Sauce

Now I'm wondering... my sauces were so good to eat that the bottles don't rate the hot sauce wall???

:)

Btw... Of the signed numbered bottles of the raspberry there's only about a dozen left before we run out. And, I doubt it's going to fit in that woozy rack. The next batch, although it will be exceptionally hotter, won't be numbered.

T

Tina Brooks said:
Now I'm wondering... my sauces were so good to eat that the bottles don't rate the hot sauce wall???

;)

Btw... Of the signed numbered bottles of the raspberry there's only about a dozen left before we run out. And, I doubt it's going to fit in that woozy rack. The next batch, although it will be exceptionally hotter, won't be numbered.

T

Nope...your bottles were relegated to the fridge, so that we had access to them early and often. ;)

Your bottles wouldn't have fit in the racks, but we would have put any of the ones for display in the spot that holds the oversized & flask bottles...and would have been in good company.

Exceptionally hotter? Sounds good to me!!!

- J

Back