• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Pimenta Tiger and Pimenta Elisa

Marco I would have been a little nervous too my friend. Wouldn't even think about going out there in the night.

Here's a tibit of information you'll love. You are never more than five feet away from a spider.

I grew a couple of the Pimenta Tiger's last year but they never got their stripes. I did taste one though. Don't recall the flavor right now but they were hot. Not quite habanero heat though.

I grew a couple of the Pimenta Tiger's last year but they never got their stripes. I did taste one though. Don't recall the flavor right now but they were hot. Not quite habanero heat though.

Huh, interesting. I'm growing one of the parents - Pimenta da Neyde for the first time this year and I'm looking forwarding to tasting it, I've read conflicting opinions on it...

I tried joining a few years ago but the italian confused me and google translate wasn't much help i ended up not ever going back to the site until now i never realy found out what AISPES was about until more recently and i would love to join the organization It might help me get into a good college to :) I wonder if NMSU sees field work with peppers and sees i'm looking for a botany degree if they will let me in easier lol i probably could get in already with a 3.4 gpa but you never know :)

I don't have any AISPES crosses that i know of but would love to join and help the organization :) I do have a few questions though do you guys grow out other members hybrids or do you grow out the ones on the AISPES farm (sorry if i named it wrong i'm still trying to figure the organization out) either way id love to join :)

Current crosses growing out:
Peach Bhut Jolokia (yellow bhut x orange bhut) F1 and F2's (i'm growing both since my harvest failed last year) (Friends Cross)
Pimenta de Neyde x Bhut Jolokia (I'm unsure of the generation)
Chocolate Bhut Jolokia x Yellow 7 Pot (I'm unsure of the generation)
Kaval (Yellow 7 Pod x Paternero) F2? (i know its probably not AISPES)
Let me know if any of them are the AISPES

This year i'm going to cross a few myself all the others were other peoples crosses:
Bell Pepper and 7 Pod or Trini Scorp
Ornamental Pepper and Bhut
Ornamental Pepper and Scorps
Ornamental Pepper and 7 Pod
Ring of Fire and Bhut Jolokia (hoping for an early habenero)
Aji Omnicolor and 7 Pod (hoping to get another type of tree habenero)
Aji Omnicolor and other types of chinense varieties

If AISPES members grow out other members hybrids with them it would be awesome to join
I'm already intrested in joining just to help you guys grow out yours and be able to preserve the beautiful wild varieties too I always loved to look at the Ornamental peppers for there pod shapes and colors i never really noticed the flowers were different until two years ago when i found out about rhomboidum and pratermissum when i noticed different flowers then i noticed even the baccatum annum and chinense varieties all had different flowers and how much it amazed me

Alex

dear Alex

Unfortunately, the barrier of language is very strong ... even for me

I hope you understand what I write and I mean

AISPES is a non-profit organization whose purpose to study the wildlife and rare breed varieties or their intersections

We had the honor of seeing live many wild species

some known

C. cardenasii, C. tovarii, C. galapagoense, etc.

some not

C. schottianum, C, mirabile, C. pereirae, etc.

The flowers of Capsicum are stunning

We grow rare and unusual species

Mata Frade, Cajamarca, etc.

Our intersections

Trinidad scorpion morouga yellow AISPES

Trinidad scorpion chocolate AISPES

Bhut Jolokia White AISPES

Bhut Jolokia cappuccinio AISPES

etc.

Here's what I meant when I spoke of beautiful flowers that we have seen in nature in the wild (C. schottianum and C. mirabile) or grow (C. tovarii)

C. tovarii

DSCN1196.JPG

C. schottianum

DSCN0225.jpg

C. mirabile

DSCN9145.jpg

P.s.To subscribe, there are several links ... but I realized that there are unclear

try asking other people who did ... for example to Patrick ... maybe it's easier and avoid errors like google translator

You are very understandable :)

When i joined the forum my problem was more of an italian member who wouldn't proof read and I'm not complaining about it it just made it so i couldn't understand what they were saying with the translator and i also understand the barriers of language people born in Italia would probably be born speaking Italian while people born in USA would probably speak English. I actualy have lots of interest in learning Italian my uncle moved and lived in Italy and was a aeronotical engineer? (built and designed airplanes in both america and italy) I have a few other reasons to wanting to learn the language too but my problem is my high school doesn't offer Italian.

Wow i didn't even know i had some AISPES varieties and i checked out your list of varieties and i saw even more :) I am going to join once i find the link of joining the organization :)

I do have one question
Did you guys bring back those rare unknown varieties or did brazilian and other south american laws prohibit you from doing so?

You are welcome in AISPES

The conference in Rio de Janeiro in 1992 provides special rules on the germplasm of wild species ... and also the Brazilian Law

Our purpose is to document and study these species

If you see what I wrote before, I have grown C. tovarii (directly from the Germplasm Bank with which we cooperate) while the Brazilian species I only saw in nature .... No seed was collected

P.s.

registration link

http://www.aispes.co...onerinnovo.html

link AISPES

http://www.aispes.com/

http://www.aispes.org/homepage.asp?l=1

Thanks for the link :)

I was just wondering if you collected the seeds I have an interest in botany and i have 4 years until i could go to college so that is why i asked i want to experiment and see which of the wild species will successfully hybridize into a new species and i also wanted to preserve some of the varieties myself :)

Alex

The AISPES has been growing the wild species have in seed banks:

C. cardenasii
C. chacoense
C. eximium
C. flexuosum
C. galapagoense
C. praetermissum
C. rhomboideum
C. tovarii

and also the C. lanceolatum, which is not present in the germplasm banks but has been circulated before the Rio Conference and subsequent laws and therefore does not apply to the relative discipline

We're doing some studies

The C cardenasii is resistant to TMV (Tomato mosaic virus)
C. flexuosum is resistant to cold (survived at temperatures of -10 ° C) and so on

It would have been a serious and difficult to overcome temptation for me.... Seeing those plants, laden with pods... I would have struggled not to place a pod in my pocket when no one was looking :P

too risky
There are controls in the parks, the ones at the airport

and then as an AISPES association we can not risk, we must respect the rules

The important thing is seeing the plants and have them documented

Before there were no pictures on the Internet and many academics have thanked us for the material we have provided

Exist only drawings of decades and decades old

It is definitely not worth getting sent to a Brazilian prison, nor tarnishing the reputation of AISPES.

But still, it makes me wonder as to their reasoning...

Can someone provide a link to the proceedings from the confrence? That or provide a synopsis of them? I have been researching it, but no dice. I cannot even find a set of laws for the import/export of seeds.

Thanks.

Convention

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convention_on_Biological_Diversity

http://www.cbd.int/

International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture ITPGRFA

http://www.planttreaty.org/

Making a summary

wildlife are the property of the States in which vegetate

these can decide whether to allow the cultivation outside (ex situ) or in place (in situ) to ensure the survival

They can also decide to assign the rights of exploitation (not Brazil), and in this case there are clear rules: Standard Material Transfer Agreement (SMTA)

Back