• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

harvesting Pink Tiger. Ready to Harvest?

Hello All,

First time growing The Pink Tiger (I have 3 of them growing), and I'm really not sure if these are ready to harvest or not. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

20160803_194705.jpg
20160803_194715.jpg
20160803_194730.jpg
20160803_194738.jpg

Third pic down is good to go.

I've been growing pimenta leopards which is in the whole pink tiger "project" family. They grow dark purple/black and mature to red stripes.

Looking good!

The bottom picture is the color I've been picking mine at.
Thanks for the feedback, I will harvest a few of these this weekend.

The pepper loves the camera

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
They sure do!!

Third pic down is good to go.

I've been growing pimenta leopards which is in the whole pink tiger "project" family. They grow dark purple/black and mature to red stripes.

Looking good!
Thanks for the info sirex, we will be enjoying these bad boys soon!
if you want to trade some pink tigers pods for something I have let me know.
I would love that. I'll have to do some research on your grow list, and send you a PM. Thanks.

Last pic is ripe..what Enrico failed to mention is that you need to put a specific osmocote dose..at a certain time to get the stripes as advertised..otherwise it won't work..

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
Last pic is ripe..what Enrico failed to mention is that you need to put a specific osmocote dose..at a certain time to get the stripes as advertised..otherwise it won't work..
Oh me tricks of the trade what's osmocote thanks for the info

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
Thanks man. All of the pictures that I have found on the web look a lot different from what I have growing. I figured that I wouldn't get the stipes, just wasnt sure what shade they would be when ripe. These are great looking plants, we are planning on taking a few cuttings inside this fall to grow over the winter.

Ok guys forget about the osmocote thing.The osmocote fertilizers available in the U.S. are a Scotts product.The osmocote Enrico Lai speaks of is not available in the U.S.The actual osmocote he and other Europeans use is Everris(osmocote).

I had a tough time with this too when I grew last year. I harvested when they looked like pic 3.
Thanks Immolated! What kind of heat did yours bring? I harvested the last pic a few days ago, and scarfed it down with a few late night burrito's. This was my first time sampling one and I really liked the flavor, but thought the heat would be closer to Bhut level. We have about 6 to 8 that we will harvest in the next few days.

Honestly, I don't know about the heat. I ended up grinding them into a mixed powder with orange sb and brown moruga. I used sparing amounts of PT. Having the BM in there definitely skews the heat level.

Mostly I grew the PT for ornamental purposes and seed saving. I thought they smelled weird when I sliced open the pods and am assuming that is the neyde in them. Kind of turned me off to using them for culinary purposes.

Boba Dink said:
Thanks Immolated! What kind of heat did yours bring? I harvested the last pic a few days ago, and scarfed it down with a few late night burrito's. This was my first time sampling one and I really liked the flavor, but thought the heat would be closer to Bhut level. We have about 6 to 8 that we will harvest in the next few days.

As mentioned it has to be right dose. Of osmocote...
There was a guy named Alex on FB from San Diego ...used Fox farm...no osmocote..

He had 4 mother plants that grew true without it...sadly I was unable to get one of them..he no longer grows

Back