• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Pinoy83's Continous Glog 2013

here we go my first ever glog, this my first time growing peppers so please bare with me with my unorganized plants and pictures.my growing medium is MG potting mix, MG moisture potting mix, perlite, red and black cindersused jiffy pellets and my aerogarden to sow my seeds.

my grow list is all mixed:
giant green bell pepper (home depot)
jalepeno (home depot)
serrano (home depot)
poblano (home depot)
anaheim (home depot)
numix twilight (amazon.com)
explosive ember (amazon.com)
charleston pepper (i forgot were i got this from)
pretty purple pepper (amazon.com)
bhut jolokia (i forgot were i got this from)
orange habanero (not sure)
bolivian rainbow (amazon.com)
cowhorn (free seed from pepper joe)
peter pepper (pepper joe)

ok gonna start my new grow list pretty soonmy grow list:

Thanks to Pshngo, Auction:
7pot yellow
7pot jonah
7pot chocolote
7pot red
7pot brain strain
7pot brain strain yellow
yellow bhut jolokia
aji chuncho
Datil
yellow fatali
fatili
chocolate habanero
red trinidad
naga morich
jonah
trinidad scorpion butch T

Thanks to Spicegeist:
Bonda Ma Jacques (OP)
choco habanero (OP)
Bombay Morich
Choco Bhut x cajamarared bhut (OP)
maya red (OP)

Thanks to LanMan:
red cayenne
orange habanero
Red habanero (bonnies world hottest)

Thanks to Wayright:
Scarlett Lantern
Cumari

Thanks to Ajijoe:
Surprise Superhot mix
Siling Labuyo
korean chile mix
chiletepin
BG Bomb Cherry
Yellow Thai
Cherry Bomb
Bulgarian Carrot
Black Hungarian
Datil
Shishito

Thanks to Heirloomchef:
Tobasco Sweet SB
Aji Brown
Aji Dulce yellow
Grenada Seasoning
Trinidad Seasoning
Trinidad Congo Yellow
Trinidad Congo Black
Red Bhut Jolokia
Yellow Bhut Jolokia
Chocolate Bhut Jolokia

Thanks to Denniz:
Devils Tounge
Satans Kiss
White Habanero
Peach Hab
Goji Berry

Thanks to Shane:
Thai Ornamental #1
Thai Ornamental #2
Thai Ornamental #3
Goats Weed
Orange Manzano
Red Manzano

Thanks to Melissa:
Yellow Manzano
Red Rocotto
7 pot Primo

Birdseye Chili (kitazawa seed Co.)
Thai Holy Basil (kitazawa seed Co.)
Japones (Garden Gate Seed Co.)
Nok Guk Put F1 (korean store)
Wa Mae Wo F1 (korean store)
Han Rim Ggwa Ri Put F1 (korean store)

2/06/2012
2012-02-06211259.jpg

2/01/12 seeds in the aerogarden 2x explosive ember, 2x bhut jolokia, 2x habanero, 1x pretty purple pepperthe one the 1nch pots are my trials for jiffy pellets
2012-02-06045233.jpg

2/08/12my first sprouts from my jiffy pellets transfered all the sprouting seeds in a open container
2012-02-12192807.jpg
2/08/12
2012-02-08200744.jpg
2/09/12 my mini open green house in the living room
2012-02-09160948.jpg
2/12/2012 all seeds germinated in aerogarden
2012-02-12192750.jpg
2/12/2012 my first batch transplanted to my 4 inch pots
2012-02-12203232.jpg
2/20/2012 my 2nd batch transplanted to 4 inch pots
IMG_1210.jpg

Islander said:
Good looking stuff you have growing! Wish i would have came across your glog a couple weeks ago, I was working over at Sand Island from March 3-13..... Would have been cool to stop by and check out your chilis!
I was pretty jealous when i stopped by my dads and saw a Brain Strain full of bright red pods!
dont worry next time lol....is your dad pepper head too?

He has a couple plants going but im not sure what he does with the pods.... lol Its the first time i had been by there in 10 years..... i live in the mainland now and dont get over there often, he lives on Big Island south of Hilo in Pahoa......

Islander said:
He has a couple plants going but im not sure what he does with the pods.... lol Its the first time i had been by there in 10 years..... i live in the mainland now and dont get over there often, he lives on Big Island south of Hilo in Pahoa......
i see...sand island is by kalihi...i work at the old john dominos, known now as 53bythesea...and i live in ewa... good area to grow peppers since its always hot here...but prone to pests

I will have to check it out when im back over there. Always down for some good local food! Hard to satisfy the taste buds here in the mainland... lol

Yeah the weather was getting crazy as i was leaving to the Big Island...... winds got crazy over that weekend!
Ill take the pest over this Tennessee weather! Haa

Islander said:
I will have to check it out when im back over there. Always down for some good local food! Hard to satisfy the taste buds here in the mainland... lol

Yeah the weather was getting crazy as i was leaving to the Big Island...... winds got crazy over that weekend!
Ill take the pest over this Tennessee weather! Haa
my garden is crawling with aphids....i got rid of the stupid whiteflies then aphids showed up...im getting tired already killing them everyday, i even bomb them with pesticides, there goes my organic ways lol...yea wind is super strong right now, my yellow bhuts dropping pods cus of the wind, and shes lie 4feet high on the ground since i placed her on top of a table

Islander said:
wow sounds like a big pain in the @ss. lol you would think being on the dry side of island that bugs wouldnt be as bad.
since theres no winter here, pests thrives, and now its getting hard to maintain it since all my plants is getting big, i even stunted the rest of my small plants in 1quart container so they would stop on growing

Bacon powder looks good, have you tried it yet?

I had some of your yellow this weekend on an Omelet was good!

Nice poddage going on there too! And sorry about the pests, they are a major pain!

Devv said:
Bacon powder looks good, have you tried it yet?

I had some of your yellow this weekend on an Omelet was good!

Nice poddage going on there too! And sorry about the pests, they are a major pain!
powder is crazy damn good...taste of bacon and sweetness of caramelized brown sugar and spicyness of the chili......

im glad that you liked it, thats the one i tweaked, sauteed smoke dried

thanks bhuts looking good right now, execpt for the damn aphids, i just ordered 4500 ladybugs, i was gonna order aphid wasps but they dont ship here in hawaii

Everything's looking good there, Jericson!  Your flowering and podding is over the top!
Good luck with the ladybugs - damn aphids are a pain in the arse.  I did a couple of thorough
Neem sprayings in the post week-10 days and that seems to have slowed them down a bit.  

PaulG said:
Everything's looking good there, Jericson!  Your flowering and podding is over the top!
Good luck with the ladybugs - damn aphids are a pain in the arse.  I did a couple of thorough
Neem sprayings in the post week-10 days and that seems to have slowed them down a bit.  
thanks pauly...hopefully those lady's will do there job...the more foliage i have in my yard the more aphids
my backyard jungle

primos overloaded

Plants are out of control! This is the best thing.

Yellow bhut is heating up! Gonna give you another great round of pods!

I've been goin through your #2 red powder! One if the hottest, probably the hottest I've ever had. Ate it with kale. You are a master my friend! Gonna taste my way through the other samples over the next week or so.

Keep postin the pod pics!

my prized possession yellow bhuts...2nd time around....

maximumcapsicum said:
Plants are out of control! This is the best thing.

Yellow bhut is heating up! Gonna give you another great round of pods!

I've been goin through your #2 red powder! One if the hottest, probably the hottest I've ever had. Ate it with kale. You are a master my friend! Gonna taste my way through the other samples over the next week or so.

Keep postin the pod pics!
yea plants is out of control...even aphids gone nuts also lol....pain in the ass....

glad that u like my powders.....been experimenting for new powders, me and my gf just made some bacon caramel chili powder....taste of bacon, sweetness of caramel and spiciness of chili 

The Yellow's look simply awesome! Congrats on their productivity.

I was going to ask last post if you could get Lady Bugs. I'm looking at getting some if things get nasty, could at any time.

Keep it green!

Devv said:
The Yellow's look simply awesome! Congrats on their productivity.

I was going to ask last post if you could get Lady Bugs. I'm looking at getting some if things get nasty, could at any time.

Keep it green!
yea yellow is gone nuts, hopefully she stays like that forever,
i just ordered ladybugs at amazon from hirts, 4500, hopefully they still alive like last time

Beautiful plants, I was looking through the 1st group of shots and thinking a yard full of valley green....and then BOOM ! The 2nd round of photos with the striking Yellow Bhuts..............nice contrast....

You got some nice stingers going there brah, good on ya! Congrats also on being the first person I know to actually include bacon in their hot pepper powder... I'm sure there are a lot of people here that are wondering why they didn't think of it before now. :P  Your backyard really does look like it's turning to jungle with all the pepper canopies there. Keep up the good work!

Back