• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Pinoy83's Continous Glog 2013

here we go my first ever glog, this my first time growing peppers so please bare with me with my unorganized plants and pictures.my growing medium is MG potting mix, MG moisture potting mix, perlite, red and black cindersused jiffy pellets and my aerogarden to sow my seeds.

my grow list is all mixed:
giant green bell pepper (home depot)
jalepeno (home depot)
serrano (home depot)
poblano (home depot)
anaheim (home depot)
numix twilight (amazon.com)
explosive ember (amazon.com)
charleston pepper (i forgot were i got this from)
pretty purple pepper (amazon.com)
bhut jolokia (i forgot were i got this from)
orange habanero (not sure)
bolivian rainbow (amazon.com)
cowhorn (free seed from pepper joe)
peter pepper (pepper joe)

ok gonna start my new grow list pretty soonmy grow list:

Thanks to Pshngo, Auction:
7pot yellow
7pot jonah
7pot chocolote
7pot red
7pot brain strain
7pot brain strain yellow
yellow bhut jolokia
aji chuncho
Datil
yellow fatali
fatili
chocolate habanero
red trinidad
naga morich
jonah
trinidad scorpion butch T

Thanks to Spicegeist:
Bonda Ma Jacques (OP)
choco habanero (OP)
Bombay Morich
Choco Bhut x cajamarared bhut (OP)
maya red (OP)

Thanks to LanMan:
red cayenne
orange habanero
Red habanero (bonnies world hottest)

Thanks to Wayright:
Scarlett Lantern
Cumari

Thanks to Ajijoe:
Surprise Superhot mix
Siling Labuyo
korean chile mix
chiletepin
BG Bomb Cherry
Yellow Thai
Cherry Bomb
Bulgarian Carrot
Black Hungarian
Datil
Shishito

Thanks to Heirloomchef:
Tobasco Sweet SB
Aji Brown
Aji Dulce yellow
Grenada Seasoning
Trinidad Seasoning
Trinidad Congo Yellow
Trinidad Congo Black
Red Bhut Jolokia
Yellow Bhut Jolokia
Chocolate Bhut Jolokia

Thanks to Denniz:
Devils Tounge
Satans Kiss
White Habanero
Peach Hab
Goji Berry

Thanks to Shane:
Thai Ornamental #1
Thai Ornamental #2
Thai Ornamental #3
Goats Weed
Orange Manzano
Red Manzano

Thanks to Melissa:
Yellow Manzano
Red Rocotto
7 pot Primo

Birdseye Chili (kitazawa seed Co.)
Thai Holy Basil (kitazawa seed Co.)
Japones (Garden Gate Seed Co.)
Nok Guk Put F1 (korean store)
Wa Mae Wo F1 (korean store)
Han Rim Ggwa Ri Put F1 (korean store)

2/06/2012
2012-02-06211259.jpg

2/01/12 seeds in the aerogarden 2x explosive ember, 2x bhut jolokia, 2x habanero, 1x pretty purple pepperthe one the 1nch pots are my trials for jiffy pellets
2012-02-06045233.jpg

2/08/12my first sprouts from my jiffy pellets transfered all the sprouting seeds in a open container
2012-02-12192807.jpg
2/08/12
2012-02-08200744.jpg
2/09/12 my mini open green house in the living room
2012-02-09160948.jpg
2/12/2012 all seeds germinated in aerogarden
2012-02-12192750.jpg
2/12/2012 my first batch transplanted to my 4 inch pots
2012-02-12203232.jpg
2/20/2012 my 2nd batch transplanted to 4 inch pots
IMG_1210.jpg

PIC 1 said:
Beautiful plants, I was looking through the 1st group of shots and thinking a yard full of valley green....and then BOOM ! The 2nd round of photos with the striking Yellow Bhuts..............nice contrast....
thanks....getting some yellowing of leafs im not sure if under watering or over watering or nute diffecieny...thanks again
maximumcapsicum said:
Love those yellow bhuts! You should keep a talley if how many pods you pull off that plant!
lost count already from its first fruiting last december, but i should for so i can tell how many babies she can make evrytime
stickman said:
You got some nice stingers going there brah, good on ya! Congrats also on being the first person I know to actually include bacon in their hot pepper powder... I'm sure there are a lot of people here that are wondering why they didn't think of it before now. :P  Your backyard really does look like it's turning to jungle with all the pepper canopies there. Keep up the good work!
thanks brahhh, thats my first grow of primos, and this morning when i saw her more pods forming and im not sure if its underwatering,overwatering, nute diff, since she getting some yellow leafs with brown spots...
thanks again yea, i was at work one time and my coworker saving all the bacon grease, and my mind started to wonder around what i can do with those, and bammmm bacon powder with chili, then my gf over, a pastry addict, she decided to play with it also, then bammmmm bacon caramel chili powder was born, its freaking awesome.......i sold 3 3oz. for $20 each at work already lol....
yea yard is goin nuts, becoming jungle, i cant even cut the grass no more lol, its getting messy
took a nice relaxing day off with my gf, and searched for new falls in almost uncharted mountains in hawaii...took us 3 tries to find this damn place...

Paradise . Thanks for taking us on your journey. 

I see a lot of yellowing on my plants when I get production like you have been getting. Takes a lot out of them and  may just need a little more NPK ? 

Devv said:
Beautiful scenery!

Is the water from a spring?
yep yep yep...and the last falls was from the rain,
romy6 said:
 Paradise . Thanks for taking us on your journey. 

I see a lot of yellowing on my plants when I get production like you have been getting. Takes a lot out of them and  may just need a little more NPK ? 
your welcome....

hmmm i guess i need to add extra kick on my tea then, yellow bhut starting to loose leafs also, dunno if shes having hard time to care for her babies, 2weeks ago she drop almost 3 dozen pods, then it stop, then some leafs start to fall off,
romy this came from you fresh pods that you send me last time

Primos overcrowded

ornamental volunteers that popped out of nowhere, last time i grown this was 2012

before and after...january 7 to march 28

There's a market here in town that sells bacon-caramel pastries too... I didn't try any since the combination sounded kinda weird to me, but sin ce you recommend it, I will the next time I come across them. One of the pod shots in the last round of pics looked an awful lot like Devv's "well-hung" Funky Reapers from last year. Are those blossoming Pubes I see after that?! Good job!

stickman said:
There's a market here in town that sells bacon-caramel pastries too... I didn't try any since the combination sounded kinda weird to me, but sin ce you recommend it, I will the next time I come across them. One of the pod shots in the last round of pics looked an awful lot like Devv's "well-hung" Funky Reapers from last year. Are those blossoming Pubes I see after that?! Good job!
i tried the bacon caramel before one of my pastry classmates made it,its sweet and salty its good for snacking, but im pretty sure its not the healthiest snack also lol, that's like food coma....i prefer my powder form since i can add them to everything :)...ill send you some when i get more ingredients,

Thats over by Hanauma Bay right? I enjoyed the scenary over there for sure!

Pinoy83 said:
no thank you lol...another side of the mountains with wonderful falls      KOKO HEAD crater...1000steps to the top... Windward side...after a good amount of rain..this mountain produces wonderful falls,

Islander said:
Thats over by Hanauma Bay right? I enjoyed the scenary over there for sure!

this is one from kaneohe side by temple valley, hanauma bay is crawling with tourists, to crowded so we look for less people

Pinoy83 said:
i tried the bacon caramel before one of my pastry classmates made it,its sweet and salty its good for snacking, but im pretty sure its not the healthiest snack also lol, that's like food coma....i prefer my powder form since i can add them to everything :)...ill send you some when i get more ingredients,

It's a generous offer brah... how about making it a trade for some of my red Hab sauce?

stickman said:

It's a generous offer brah... how about making it a trade for some of my red Hab sauce?
shooots.....
my first manzano EVERRRRRRRRRRRRR lol

hawaiian ghost chile

My 2nd prized possession....TMS....with her remaining pods from her 2nd round...getting bigger again with her 3rd roun, tons of buds and flowers forming....

P R I M O

everyday my backyard pepper jungle recevies this wonderful hawaiian morning sun.....

my pickled mix peppers.....

small harvest from my hawaiian ghost chile, me and birds sharing, half and half, or first come first serve on daily basis

no idea what name of the pod, lost the tag

my other hawaiian ghost chile from the seeds from my mother plant

Back