• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

plans for the 4th

didn't want to lead the fireworks thread seriously off course..but i thought it would be interesting to see what everyone is planning for tomorrow.

i bought some corn on the cob, a t bone (which i'm going to start marinading tonight), a some habaneros and jalapenos..haven't quite figured out what i'm going to do with them yet..maybe stuff them..maybe use the habs in the marinade. the part i'm really looking forward to is a nice aged filet mignon i bought. (got the tbone because i might want to eat more than just that filet haha..yay gluttony!)

other than that i got an ashton maduro, a 750 of unibroue maudite, and a 750 of glenmorangie 10 year (came with a couple nice glasses).

gonna blow up the rest of our fireworks, grill, and drink. thats about it. what about you? :P

Going to try to write up two reviews. After that, I'll garden, then go to Karl Straus Brewery at Universal City Walk. Then, after getting drunk, it's off to the movie theater there to watch Sicko and then we'll try to sneak into Die Hard.

Then it's back home to get even more drunk.

I might fire up the smoker and the grill, have a few beers. Put a shine on my Datsun, have a few more beers. Get online and hassle all you guys...have a few more beers.... Eat some leftover BBQ and some more beer....

Wait, I see a pattern.........

Speakin of peppers. I just pulled two Jalapenos from the tree and am eaing them asI type in the form of scrambled eggs with cheese.

Chuk, I'll trade you some rain for the 114 current temp here in Las Vegas. Almost too hot to eat but might have to grill up a few sliders and jalapeno's. We are supposed to have a cold front this weekend bringing temps down to about 103. Hope your Texas Flood misses you and all the telephone lines stay up bro.

I shall be having my traditional Fourth of July celebration. I shall grill some ribs, open some quality beer, and hold my Aussie Abigail as she trembles in fear every time a firecracker goes boom nearby.

imaguitargod said:
Wow, sounds like Bagdad out here in LA right now.

hah i said that same thing yesterday. had a decent fourth. lightning hit our neighbors house though and our internet has been down since. i think that was the closest i've ever been to lightning..it was LOUD! it almost killed our tv too..and randomly turned on this stupid LED necklace thing someone left in our living room.

once our internet is back up at the house, i'll post some pics and video of our 4th.. we went down the street to a party and used my roommates rc helicopter to shoot fireworks at various things with some gas on them.

haha yea the team america song was a must. we also played "danger zone" from top gun, but i guess he didn't upload that video or it didn't come out good. was a good 4th all in all. the worst part was having to wake up and go into work the next morning.

Back