• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Plant Problem

Everyone has their favorite lights/techniques and nobody is wrong.
I don't intend to start another "which lighting is best" thread but I've used all kinds of lighting and I personally prefer floros until plants get quite big, and only a few of mine get natural light while young. I just don't think root rot has much to do with your lighting Dale

Wow, I've missed a lot since I left.

PRF, I do not think the lights have anything to do with the problem, I have used fluoro's for years and have never had root issues but whatever the cause i will take the necessary steps to fix the problem. I hit them with the h2o2 mixed with some heavy p2o5 fert hopefully this will get them going in the right direction. How often should I give them the peroxide? I need to figure out a way to administer it through my drip system so that it is not so much of a burden. Any input on whether peroxide can be given in this manner. Thanks for all the input. The plants are actually all showing signs of new growth so i think they can all be saved. For what it's worth, all of my tomatoes are growing like crazy.

Hey it's all good. That is why we have each other to become better at what we do. Most of what I know about growing chilis came from watching you two anyway. Hope the h2o2 works for you dale. Derek thanks for your superior wisdom in the matter. I just don't know but hope everything works out.:oops::cool:

podpiper,

It's hard to diagnose from just the image.

But, my first impression is that perhaps the plants are suffering from overwatering. Peppers do not like too much water.

What is your watering protocol?

Bob_B said:
podpiper,

It's hard to diagnose from just the image.

But, my first impression is that perhaps the plants are suffering from overwatering. Peppers do not like too much water.

What is your watering protocol?

Bob, I was not aware that burnt leaf edges was a symptom of overwatering but I am positive that it is not overwatering. I like to wait until the plants are begging for water before they get a drink.

Back