• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Plantguy76 2024

IMG_20231002_142456521.jpg
Zapotec Jalapeno (Baker Creek 2023 Seed extra pack I saved for 2024 )

Piranha SB ( variant of Marion's SB seeds form RFC )
Since this is a variant I will refer to it as
Marion's Scotch Bonnet red .

I got the Marion's Red SB because I liked the flavor & heat profile
I grew seed once of papa dreadie of Erin seed stock shared by Gary Montcalm back then .
My was red it looked just like a papa dreadie only red & form what remember it flavor & heat was like this one.
The other varieties was gifted as freebies form Jim.
So I am growing them out I will need to bring my containers over for some of these etc

Sweet Scorpion 🦂 ( from RFC)

Maldivian Lemon 🍋 (off pheno )Is Maldivian Heart type but doesn't have the heart shape so called Maldivian Lemon

Maldivian Heart Orange 🍊

Starting soil master garden organic with Coco coir.

These are supposed to be Jim Duffy's Sweet Scorpion.
They are supposed to turn red but haven't there green to white with a pale yellow tint that the camera brings out cause to the necked eye they appear more white
I had one starting to go bad in the top so picked it for sampling
Sent was hot fruity citrus , the flavor had a brief sweetness followed by a grassiness it did had fruity citrus to it.
To me it was all muted but for that grassiness just not for me.
The heat was clean wasn't on a super hot level in my opinion but probably in the very hot category .
It did seem aggressive but full & slow build .
It may just be that pod or me
IMG_20240928_133831603.jpg

These was supposed to be a variant of maldivian heart red & be orange .
These are more Vermillion so net gen may be back to original.
I have have various phenotypes some like those of pics of red & orange but I like the one with the spade phenotype
I will save seed for that one & hope to get more spade phenotypes if so I will call it Maldivian Spade .
I've yet to try them so that's a factor as well

This is supposed to be a maldivian heart orange but it is different than the lemon or the other not maldivian heart orange
I am thinking of trying to over winter I like that bushy growth habit

Back