• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue?
    Then ask in Identification.

Planting out...A month away

grinning ear to ear here Paul...what is the advantage of putting the pipe on the inside of the bed?

AlabamaJack said:
grinning ear to ear here Paul...what is the advantage of putting the pipe on the inside of the bed?

No real advantage other than not having a knee knocker on the outside of the bed to worry about... :lol:

imaguitargod said:
Hey Web! Long time no C! How's that Jalabanero cross going?

Here is the F1, latest picture. There are aboot 40+ buds on the plant! I am attempting to clone it again, seems good so far....

I have 2 F3 Jalabanero seedlings that survived a stooopid act on my part. I ran out of other F3 seeds :( . I'll have the mother F1 plant at my store until mid May if you know how to clone your more than welcome to come in and get a small clipping.

jala3-29-08.JPG

this picture makes an awesome background for your desktop :)

I have 4 possible Naga/Lemon Drop F1s started and CMP has the other two seeds, and shows chinese traits... here's hoping for the best.

nice Web....

PF, if you put it on the outside of the bed, you can run the cover of the frame all the way to the ground and let it fold out a bit, then shovel dirt of put blocks on the bottom to anchor the cover down and keep it from flapping and letting cold air in...

Pepperfreak said:
Hey Web, that is one healthy looking plant. You'll have to keep ups posted on what the pods taste like.

Thanks!

The Jalabañero F1 is now on it's 3rd year! The peppers have a really good mixture flavor of a Jalapeño and a Habanero. Hotter than a Jalapeño and some pods exceeded Habanero heat! Cmpman was sent a pepper late last year, he is the only other person on this forum that has tried a fresh one. I sent someone seasoning I made and they liked it a lot. Maybe Cmp can describe what he thought of the flavor. If your in the area stop in!

The Naga/Lemon I am anxious aboot. Cmp's 2 seedlings (BIG seedlings) have signs the cross may have taken, we'll just have to see when the peppers grow.

hey wiz...how big are your beds?

Umm...AJ, you have a good point. I guess that I could always drill the holes for the clamps and just leave everything off until needed. That way I can have the best of both worlds...bruise free knees and still have tarp holders. We all know that knocking one's knee sucks and usually causes some loud profane language...LOL

"trailer hitch shin" is what I call it...an affliction of pickup owners...

AlabamaJack said:
"trailer hitch shin" is what I call it...an affliction of pickup owners...

It is a serious affliction...Usually I remove my hitch receiver, but occasionally i find, to my peril, that I have forgotten and can at that point only cuss myself...LOL

Update with pictures...

Okay, ALL of the block was delivered today. WOW!!! I sure have my work cut out for me now...

DSCF2377.jpg

Here is a drawing of what I'm planning. All of the beds are going to be 24 inches tall (3 blocks high)

Gardenbeds.jpg

I just hope that I don't throw something out...LOL...like my back.

it ain't that bad, but make sure to wear you a good pair of leather work gloves, if you don't those cinder blocks will eat your fingers and hands up....trust me on this one..

I have the room, It's SWMBO that won't let use it all.lol.

You and AJ really just don't want to mow! That's it, I've figured it out!

Yup...and the less mowing I do, the more peppers I can grow....

Back