• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

plants not doing so good

rainbowberry said:
I used exactly the same fertilizer last year Dale and luckily didn't have any problems, but I only started fertilizing once they started getting flowers.

rbb, how often after they flowered did you use the ferts? every time you water?

chilliman64 said:
awesome set up you have there TPP.

Thanks chiliman, with this many plants it is time consuming to water I think I am going to rig up a indoor drip system for next year.

LUCKYDOG said:
I am using nutes (Maxi-Gro (10-5-14)) and I dont think I am mixing a strong enough solution but I am afraid of over fertilizing by adding to much. It seems as though the Miracle grow was a good quick fix -- are you going to try and mix your ferts stronger now?

Actually from reading the posts on this forum about Miracle Grow I stayed away from the Miracle Grow from here on out this will be my fert of choice. The plant pathologist I spoke to at the university recommended it and said to use it at full strength every time I water. I may use it every time but now that they are looking good again I will just use 1/2 strength.

POTAWIE said:
What is the nutrient ratio on your miracle grow? Miracle grow(or plant prod) comes in almost any ratio you may need, if you have a well stocked nursery. The stuff is also extremely water soluble so you can even use it as a foliar spray for quick fixes and its got good micro-nutrients too.

POTAWIE, it is 10-15-10 I will have to do alot of research on ferts because I know nothing about them especially how to apply them.

Dale

Dale, I always water my seedlings with a mixture of 1/4 teaspoon Miracle Gro (15-30-15) per gallon of water every time I water. I begin using it when I plant the seeds and use it until I put them in the garden and I haven't had any problems with my plants since I started using it 5 years ago.

Alan

So my nutes arent that much different besides the Phosphorus I mixed mine nutrients at nearly full strength last night hopefully tonight I dont see a bunch of burnt out plants.

Hey Dale, do you mind if I jump in here?

anyone have opinions on the Miracle grow 10-10-10 granular with 20% sulfur?

AlabamaJack said:
Hey Dale, do you mind if I jump in here?

Not at all AJ, actually it's good to hear from you.

Poisonette said:
Those are beautiful plants!!!

Thank you Poisonette

rainbowberry said:
I only used it once a week.

rbb, at what strength do you use it?

Mister_Al said:
Dale, I always water my seedlings with a mixture of 1/4 teaspoon Miracle Gro (15-30-15) per gallon of water every time I water. I begin using it when I plant the seeds and use it until I put them in the garden and I haven't had any problems with my plants since I started using it 5 years ago.

Alan

That sounds good Alan, I believe I will keep my dosage about the same and use it every watering.

Dale

Back