• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Plants on da way!!

Just ordered from Cross Country Nurseries:

3x Naga Morich
3x Scorp(incase all my germination attempts fail)
3x Cherokee purple tomatos(freakin yummy)
3x sugar cherry tomato

Very nice! Good luck this growing season. My wife and I just counted and we have 109 pepper plants! I don't know what I was thinking?????

Charles

I originally ordered 30 plants from Cross Country Nurseries. Then they came (through UPS) along with a "Customer Appreciation Sale" slip, and I broke down and took advantage of the sale, and bought 12 more (2 for my aunt)...

Since I got into growing peppers and reading/hearing about different varieties, I just can't stop. The 10 I'm getting now will have to live in pots, because my garden's full.

UltraZelda64 said:
I originally ordered 30 plants from Cross Country Nurseries. Then they came (through UPS) along with a "Customer Appreciation Sale" slip, and I broke down and took advantage of the sale, and bought 12 more (2 for my aunt)...

Since I got into growing peppers and reading/hearing about different varieties, I just can't stop. The 10 I'm getting now will have to live in pots, because my garden's full.

Haha! I know the feeling. I have pots EVERYWHERE!!!!!!! lol That's ok, I will have enough seeds for everyone here wo0t!!!!!!!!!!!

cross country is having their end of spring sale on all plants they have left, $2.25 for exotics and superhots and everything else is only $1.75 so at $1.75 each 12 it only costs like $27 instead of $42 its pretty tempting but I got enough to handle right now, but I almost put an order lol
I keep looking at my seeds and want to start more but that will have to wait a few months until I start to get my fall crop started in August

DarkTrak said:
Im a little worried about them getting here in good shape...how do they package them?

They package them quite well. I'm sure your pepper plants will arrive in good shape. The only thing I MIGHT worry about is getting them potted up ASAP since they most likely need it and will also not have seen daylight for a few days. Other than that I ordered from them and all the plants were in very good shape. I got some nice mid-season peppers since most of the ones I started from seed were late season types.

I would guess that your plants will arrive and be in the neighborhood of 6-8 inches tall or maybe just a tad taller. Depends on if they grow the plants in stages or not. When mine arrived they were about 6-7 inches tall and needed to be potted up quickly. They were healthy but the roots had filled the plastic grow containers they were in and were ready to move into a bigger home.

No worries. Oh and BTW, I already have a few peppers growing on the plants I got from there. I let a few of the pods grow. I guess I figured that since they were annums and would grow fast anyway that I should be able to enjoy peppers sooner. Call me impatient if you like. I'm just jonesing for some good fresh peppers ;)

Hell, theres nothing saying you have to grow a massive oak tree of a pepper plant before you let it set pods. Peppers iz peppers!

I also ordered more from CCN after already getting 30 plants. Just couldn't pass up that 40% off sale to get some more varieties. Here's what I got.

1x Aji Benito
1x Aji Rojo
1x Aji Yellow
1x Australian Lantern
1x Burkina Yellow
1x Congo Yellow Trinidad
1x Hinkle Hatz
1x Scotch Bonnet Red
1x Scotch Bonnet Yellow
3x Trinidad Scorpion

I ended up getting on the site accidentally minutes after the sale started and happened to see the 40% off and did a search to see what was left and surprisingly I got some really great stuff that I'm really excited about, especially the Trinidad Scorpions. I have a couple that I started late but they weren't in my garden plan so it'll be nice to have the 3 to fill in some holes that were created by failing seeds that didn't germinate or died.

Would love to keep this thread going to check
on everyones CCN plants for a comparison. Should I start a Grow thread for this?? Lol

DarkTrak said:
Would love to keep this thread going to check
on everyones CCN plants for a comparison. Should I start a Grow thread for this?? Lol

I was wondering the same thing. I personally expected the plants to be a bit bigger but they will do. All the plants seem nice and sturdy but some have run into problems. A couple of the Chiltepins I got ended up yellowing on the lower leaves and the leaves falling off when I didn't add any ferts or overwatering. Also seem to be having some problems with a little Cumari that keeps crinkling up. Other than that all the plants are pretty great looking, although I think that overall the plants were a much yellower shade of green compared to all my other plants that I grew myself, though they seem to be looking better since I got them about a week and a half ago.

Back