• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Plants still producing?

Anyone else have plants still producing? I have a number of various others that are just coming into their prime. Including this Butch T that is 5-6ft tall with a number of branches of the same length. This plant seems to have hotter pods too.I might not be able to pick them all because I am moving in two weeks. Pic taken today.

neartheend0651.jpg

True, but I have been picking off these things for over a month and still the tops are loaded with flowers.I am curious on how people in the desert areas are doing. It was a warmer than normal summer on the coast. The two years before this one were cool and cloudy.
Also wondering how long the season goes on in the South and do they get much of a 2nd crop?

Your scorpions look the same size as mine. So i want to ask are they just small peppers or whats up? I thought they would be bigger than what they are

The plants I have moved indoors are adjusting by putting out new leaves and dropping the old but with minimum lighting and COLD temps they are still flowering and setting pods. it awesome!

I had to move mid harvest for a number of years so this is the 1st year that I got to see it through. Someone else ended up getting most of the peppers. I think I will dig many of them up and make Bonsai out of them. Easier to move.

Where are you moving to? I believe being in San Diego you can basically grow outdoors year round. With your average low temps barely breaking below 50f and your record temps at 29f you could have a forest in no time.

In south FL my plants produce year round, I can't think of a month that I didn't pick at least a few fresh pepper. Although the largest peppers seem to come after the rainy season by summers end.

The coast bottoms out around 44 with 62-63 the high. Inland a few miles its more extreme because the Pacific Ocean moderates the temps. The Spring is cool and cloudy and the C. Chin are not very happy with that. The plants I hung on to indoors the longest more then caught up. I put out the last group in mid June. I am only moving 10 min south. Still by the beach, but loosing my yard. They are rare where I live.This is part of my yard half way though the season. I did try to have a forest.Urban style, that is.
test12001.jpg

What I meant(at least what happened in my mind) was good luck without it, since you are moving. Things just dont come out the way I think they should. :)

... I am only moving 10 min south. Still by the beach, but loosing my yard. They are rare where I live.This is part of my yard half way though the season. I did try to have a forest.Urban style, that is.

San Diego, very nice! I stopped by twice on my way home from Hawaii many moons ago and visit a friend just north of you. I hear you on yard, he didn't have but a few feet in the front and back but he's across from the beach and with land pricing/premium out there I understood. Luckily I was able to check out trestles, blacks and a few other breaks, you wouldn't happen to be a local at any of those hot spots would you :)

*sorry for the off topic :o

San Diego, very nice! I stopped by twice on my way home from Hawaii many moons ago and visit a friend just north of you. I hear you on yard, he didn't have but a few feet in the front and back but he's across from the beach and with land pricing/premium out there I understood. Luckily I was able to check out trestles, blacks and a few other breaks, you wouldn't happen to be a local at any of those hot spots would you :)

*sorry for the off topic :o
This is my spot. To remain namelless. Bottom one is a shot I took of La Jolla Cove. I got chased out by a Great Whte a few days before.
20100511_1_zpsaa5a53cc.jpg

20100511_201_zpsa381cdcc.jpg

My so called view.
flowers001_zps337e22af.jpg

Living in California has its up and downs just like everywhere else.... I have four 7pod plants and 1 scorpion plant that are still producing pods....They are defoliating like theres no tomorrow though but still kicking out pods..Still have the 6 other plants that are still green and full of little pods... 2 chiltepin plants and my 4 mystery pepper plants kicking out pods left and right...

Back