• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Plants still producing?

When did you take my picture while i was surfing? only plants inside have pods here, your plants look so nice shame you need to move, nice looking pods mine never got that large.

Iam still picking peppers in South Texas as well, waves ain't as big nither but surff fishing is still decent .

Still bringing in buckets of peppers but I'm sure at a much great expense than you Southern and West Coast growers. I have to run the heaters in my hoophouses just about every night if I want to keep them from freezing. I will probably get one more large harvest from each of my remaining two beds.

This picture is from one of the beds a couple days ago:
561742_461538217221637_1504586287_n.jpg

Still bringing in buckets of peppers but I'm sure at a much great expense than you Southern and West Coast growers. I have to run the heaters in my hoophouses just about every night if I want to keep them from freezing. I will probably get one more large harvest from each of my remaining two beds.

This picture is from one of the beds a couple days ago:
561742_461538217221637_1504586287_n.jpg

damn , nice shoes Dan !

This is my spot. To remain namelless. ...
Very nice, I won't continue my off topic with surf chat but safe to say our waves are not as big as you get there. Our best are after hurricanes or in the winter we get good swells from cold fronts. Last week we had great surf for 6 days after Sandy passed, even a few tow surfers showed up at pump house, luckily not at my local break. While I think the days that followed the video were much cleaner, there's a good tube at the end.

Bottom one is a shot I took of La Jolla Cove. I got chased out by a Great Whte a few days before ...
Carry some pods to throw at them and a small can of pepper spray if they get too close. Works wonders to scare off dem sharks *sarcasm*

Here's how clean they look after the storms pass ...

I heard it was "all time, best ever". Have not traveled since the seeds sprouted last winter. Going to wind down the pepperpatch and take a roadie up north in Dec. Maybe watch the guys at Mavericks.
Did you bring seeds from Jamaica?

I heard it was "all time, best ever". Have not traveled since the seeds sprouted last winter. Going to wind down the pepperpatch and take a roadie up north in Dec. Maybe watch the guys at Mavericks.

Dam hard for me to get back on topic ;) .. sounds killer have a great trip!!! I've only been up there once and didn't see Mavericks but was able to see Fort Point under the Golden Gate Bridge going off ... wow that was impressive.

I'm cheating too, but things have gotten cold enough that I brought ni a few of the _chinense_ plants. There's a lovely red Congo Trinidad ripening in my office now.

Plenty of the plants outside are still producing, though of course ripening has become a lot slower. What I'm really startled by is the Aji Amarillos, which are suddenly putting out pods like it was going out of style! I know they're a cooler-climate pepper, but I didn't expect this sort of late burst of activity.

I picked a ripe chile de arbol in my yard on New Year's Day once. Unfortunately that plant died in a nasty cold snap the following year.

-NT

I'm cheating too, but things have gotten cold enough that I brought ni a few of the _chinense_ plants. There's a lovely red Congo Trinidad ripening in my office now.

Plenty of the plants outside are still producing, though of course ripening has become a lot slower. What I'm really startled by is the Aji Amarillos, which are suddenly putting out pods like it was going out of style! I know they're a cooler-climate pepper, but I didn't expect this sort of late burst of activity.

I picked a ripe chile de arbol in my yard on New Year's Day once. Unfortunately that plant died in a nasty cold snap the following year.

-NT
I have 3 types of Ajis and they really just go on and on.Great choice if you only can have one plant and like med heat.

Back