• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Plastic or Glass bottle?

I have a bit of a problem that maybe I can get a little help on. I have my Spicy Hot Steak Sauce that I want to put out, and I have always like the plastic bottle it's in. It's 8 oz and you can squeeze it! Is that tacky or should I go with a glass bottle? Remember, I lean towards an industrial feel. Cut and dried, down to the goodness, no p*ssing around. Plastic is easier to ship (takes a LOT to break it!!) and, well, i just like it for this application.

Any comments positive or negative are welcome.

Muso/Mike

Go for it if you like it. No, it's not tacky. Tacky would be putting it in a steak-shaped plastic bottle. :lol:

thehotpepper.com said:
Go for it if you like it. No, it's not tacky. Tacky would be putting it in a steak-shaped plastic bottle. :(

Oh! I forgot to mention, it's a steak-shaped bottle..... LOL!!!
It took me a while to scratch out HEINZ, but I got it... anyone wanna try some?? ;)

Cylindical...... round.... new bottles... :lol:

I've always liked your plastic bottles. Wish everybody would go to them.
Can't break. Lightweight, which saves on shipping. No effect on taste.
Maybe they have them in a designer form, or more traditional form for the purists.

I'd like to try some of the steak sauce. You sent me some with the extract, but a lady friend got ahold of it first. It can wait until I get more Savina.

I'd like to see more sauce companies go to plastic. Less chance of breakage during shipping, and cost less to ship due to the lighter weight.

You know... a lot of people at shows ask me why i don't put my sauces into a plastic bottle, and i have to say that to me a plastic bottle don't look as appealing as the glass one..just my point of view

I love all the samples you sent Muso, but especially the spicy steak sauce (and the blueberry). Good spicy taste and surprisingly no Red Savinas or Bih Jolokia(or any chile) as with other Muso sauces. I like the plastic bottles but always wondered how the filling process is done with plastics. It must making shipping so much simpler.

Muso2112 said:
Oh! I forgot to mention, it's a steak-shaped bottle..... LOL!!!
It took me a while to scratch out HEINZ, but I got it... anyone wanna try some?? :lol:

Cylindical...... round.... new bottles... :)

I'll try some. Hell, i'll try anything. Well, almost anything. Gotta have some standards, ya know?(even if they are low)

Just call me Mikey!
And that reminds me of a joke....

tinner666 said:
:) I can only show off Muso's products when hanging around poolside. Plastic would suit me fine since I'm clumsy by nature!;) :oops:

Oh man, and if you were to dump a bunch of extract into the water, WOO HOO!!!

DEFCON Creator said:
Oh man, and if you were to dump a bunch of extract into the water, WOO HOO!!!

If your gonna do that, don't forget a ton or so of veggies and a couple of whole cows(at least 3) to make the world's largest pot of chili:hell:

Hmmm, kinda kinky. I was just visualizing a buch of people swimming in a pool, and then are attacked by the biggest Spanish Fly known to man!

DEFCON Creator said:
Hmmm, kinda kinky. I was just visualizing a buch of people swimming in a pool, and then are attacked by the biggest Spanish Fly known to man!

Oooohh....Thats what my chili's been missing...People!!!
Just what i need to put some body into it....human flesh

Back